National Communications Commission
Guójiā Tōngxùn Chuánbò Weǐyuánhuì (Mandarin)
Koet-kâ Thûng-sin Chhòn-pô Vî-yèn-fi (Hakka)
|Formed||22 February 2006|
|Jurisdiction||Taiwan (Republic of China)|
|Parent agency||Executive Yuan|
The National Communications Commission (NCC; Chinese: 國家通訊傳播委員會; pinyin: Guójiā Tōngxùn Chuánbò Weǐyuánhuì; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Kok-ka Thong-sìn Thôan-pò͘ Úi-oân-hōe) is an independent statutory agency of Executive Yuan of the Republic of China (Taiwan) responsible for regulating the development of the telecommunication and broadcasting industries, promoting competition and consumer protection, and regulating licensing, radio frequency and spectrum, programming content, communications standards and specifications in Taiwan. The current Chairperson is Chan Ting-I.
The NCC is an independent statutory agency created on 22 February 2006 to regulate the information, communications and broadcasting industry in Taiwan.
NCC was tasked with the responsibility to ensure a level playing field in competition in the communications industry, consumer protection, privacy rights, and the development of universal service for remote and rural regions. It also develop new standards for emerging technologies that will improve access, lower cost and deliver services to remote areas.
- Department of Planning
- Department of Telecommunications Administration
- Department of Television and Radio Administration
- Department of Resources and Technologies
- Department of Content Affairs
- Department of Legal Affairs
- Northern Regional Regulatory Department
- Central Regional Regulatory Department
- Southern Regional Regulatory Department
- Personnel Office
- Budget, Accounting and Statistics Office
- Civil Service Ethics Office
- Su Yeong-chin (22 February 2006 - 31 July 2008)
- Bonnie Peng (1 August 2008 - 31 July 2010)
- Herng Su (1 August 2010 - 31 July 2012)
- Howard S.H. Shyr (1 August 2012 - 31 July 2016)
- Chan Ting-I (1 August 2016 -)
- "National Communications Commission_Operation". Ncc.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION_Previous Commissioners". Ncc.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Communications Commission.|
- National Communications Commission, R.O.C. (in Chinese)
- Type Approval Services for Taiwan for 315 MHz; 433 MHz; 2,4 GHz; 24 GHz; 77 GHz; GSM; UMTS; LTE; Wi-Fi devices; Bluetooth devices; Zigbee devices; WiMAX devices; RFID
|This article related to government in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|