National Comprehensive Cancer Network
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is an alliance of 27 cancer centers in the United States, most of which are designated by the National Cancer Institute (one of the U.S. National Institutes of Health) as comprehensive cancer centers. It is a non-profit organization with offices in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. Timothy J. Eberlein, is chairman of the NCCN Board of Directors. It publishes the peer-reviewed medical journal Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Mission and vision
The mission of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is to "advance the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives."
The vision of NCCN is "to be the world's leader in defining and advancing high-quality, high-value cancer care."
NCCN Member Institutions
Experts from the 27 NCCN Member Institutions are recognized for dealing with complex, aggressive, or rare cancers.
The 27 NCCN Member Institutions are:
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center
- Case Comprehensive Cancer Center/University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center and Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center | Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- Duke Cancer Institute
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital/The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Stanford Cancer Institute
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Yale Cancer Center/Smilow Cancer Hospital
- Wood EH (Jul 2004). "The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)". J Med Libr Assoc. 92 (3): 382–3. PMC .
- "New developments from National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) outlined recently" Physician Law Weekly August 1, 2007
- "New Guidelines Updates from National Comprehensive Cancer Network" Cancerwatch Online (March 2004) 13(3)
- Mustian KM, Morrow GR, Carroll JK, Figueroa-Moseley CD, Jean-Pierre P, Williams GC (2007). "Integrative nonpharmacologic behavioral interventions for the management of cancer-related fatigue". Oncologist. 12 (Suppl 1): 52–67. doi:10.1634/theoncologist.12-S1-52. PMID 17573456.
- "NCCN and ACS Team Up to Provide Easy to Understand Information on Cancer Treatment Options"