National Convocation on the Challenge of Building Peace
The National Convocation on the Challenge of Building Peace was an American organization formed in the late 1960s in response to the Vietnam War. The organization made the master list of Nixon political opponents. The first meeting, sponsored by the Fund for Education in World Order, was held on March 5, 1969 in New York City. They held their second meeting in 1970 in New York City, and had annual meetings beginning in 1986.
- 1st: New York Hilton Hotel, New York City, New York, March 1969
- 2nd: New York Hilton Hotel, New York City, New York, April 29–30, 1970
- 3rd: Hotel Americana, New York City, New York, October 1971
- The first national convocation on the challenge of building peace : condensed transcript. Fund for Education in World Order. 1969. p. 3. OCLC 6116891.
- Karash, Yuri (1999). The Superpower Odyssey: A Russian Perspective on Space Cooperation. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. p. 89.
- "Protest Ends Speech". Lawrence Daily Journal-World. Lawrence, Kansas. March 6, 1969. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
- "Proposes U.S.-U.S.S.R. Peace Panel". Indiana Evening Gazette. Indiana, Pennsylvania. April 30, 1970. Retrieved December 16, 2016.
- "Local Women to Attend Peace Convocation". The Bridgeport Post. Bridgeport, Connecticut. September 16, 1971. p. 14. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- MINNESOTA POLITICS OF THE LEFT Papers, 1968-1974, : the Second National Convocation on the Challenge of Building Peace, Minnesota BiPartisan Caucus to Stop the War, and Minnesotans for Amnesty.
- Electronic Guide to the Administrative Records of the Division of World Peace of the General Board of Church and Society 1444-4-2:25: National Convocation on The Challenge of Building Peace, 1968–1969
- Contemporary Practice of the United States Relating to International Law, American Journal of International Law, Vol. 64, No. 4 (Oct., 1970), pp. 928–947
- Valley Peace Center Records, 1967-1973: National Convocation on the Challenge of Building Peace, New York, 1969. First..., condensed transcript. (N.Y.?); Fund for Education in World Order, (1969?). 63 pp.
- Recording of the Luncheon Session at the 1st Convocation at The WNYC Archives
- Recording of the 1st session at the 1st Convocation, "Is America Becoming a Militaristic Society? at The WNYC Archives
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|