National Counter Terrorism Authority
|Motto||Stand United Against Terrorism|
The National Counter Terrorism Authority (Urdu: قومی انسداد دہشت گردی اختیار) (reporting name: NACTA) is an Internal Counterterrorism Authority of Pakistan. NACTA is mandated to devise a counter-terrorism strategy that should address short, medium and long-term goals and devise action plans for their implementation.
NACTA was initially set up in 2009, administratively, but its powers and mandate has been clearly spelled out in March 2013, under an Act of Parliament. The NACTA 2013 Act sets up the framework of the organization.
Board of Governors
Under the NACTA Act, the National Counter Terrorism Authority is to be governed by a Board of Governors (BOG). The Prime Minister of Pakistan is the Chairman of NACTA BOG while Defense, Interior, Foreign, Finance, Law and Justice Ministers and one member each of Senate and National Assembly, Chief Ministers of all four Provinces, Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir, Secretary Interior, DG FIA and Chiefs of Intelligence Agencies, Provincial Chief secretaries and Police Chiefs are Members of NACTA's BOG. 
According to the law the Authority has the following functions:
- to receive and collate data or information or intelligence, and disseminate and coordinate between all relevant stakeholders to formulate threat assessments with periodical reviews to be presented to the Federal Government for making adequate and timely efforts to counter terrorism and extremism;
- to coordinate and prepare comprehensive National counter terrorism and counter extremism strategies, and reviews them on periodical basis;
- to develop action plans against terrorism and extremism and report to the Federal Government about implementation of these plans, on periodical basis;
- to carry out research on topics relevant to terrorism and extremism and to prepare and circulate documents;
- to carry out liaison with international entities for facilitating cooperation in areas relating to terrorism and extremism;
- to review relevant laws and suggest amendments to the Federal Government; and
- to appoint committee of experts from Government and non-Government organizations for deliberations in areas related to the mandate and functions of the Authority.
- "Decision to activate National Counter Terrorism Authority". AWAZ.TV. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA): A wise step by the people's government". LUBP. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "What Nacta can do". Tribune.co.pk. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Hamid Ali Khan named as Nacta's first full-time chief – The Express Tribune". Tribune.co.pk. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- NACTA Official
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
[[Category:WikiProject Pakistan Members|Template:NACTA CS]]