National Cricket Academy
Academy was established in 2000 is a cricket facility of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for training young cricketers who are identified as having the potential to represent the Indian cricket team.
Administration and coaches
The following is the information available on the leadership of the Academy.
Season Chairman Director Coaches 2000 Raj Singh Dungarpur Vasu Paranjpe, Roger Binny 2001 Sunil Gavaskar Brijesh Patel Balwinder Sandhu (Chief coach), K Jayantilal, Roger Binny 2002 Sunil Gavaskar Brijesh Patel Bittu 2003 Sunil Gavaskar Brijesh Patel Chandrakant Pandit, Venkatesh Prasad, Rajesh Kamath, Vaibhav Daga (Physio) 2004 Sunil Gavaskar Brijesh Patel 2005 Sunil Gavaskar Shivlal Yadav Dinesh Nanavaty, Venkatesh Prasad, Raghuram Bhat, Sanath Kumar, S. Basu 2006 Kapil Dev Shivlal Yadav 2007 Ravi Shastri 2008-2010 Dav Whatmoore 2010-12 Anil Kumble Sandeep Patil 2014- Anil Kumble Brijesh Patel Dr.Kinjal Suratwala (Head, Sports Science & Coach Education), Bharat Arun (Head, Bowling Unit), Dinesh Nanavaty (Head, Batting Unit), V Venkataram (Bowling Coach), R Sridhar (Fielding Coach), Nitin Patel (Physiotherapist), Ashish Kaushik (Physiotherapist), PR Sreenivasa Rao (Physiotherapist), Sudarsan VP (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Nagendra Prasad (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Anand Date (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Satish Chimote (Assistant Coach)
Indian cricketers from NCA
Season Players 2012 International Cricketers: Sridharan Sriram, Shiv Sunder Das, Mohammad Kaif, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Ramesh Powar, Reetinder Singh Sodhi, Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Ajay Ratra, Murali Karthik, Harbhajan Singh, Sarandeep Singh, Zaheer Khan, Tinu Yohanan
Domestic Cricketers: Nikhil Haldipur, Anshu Jain, Niraj Patel, Mihir Diwakar, Rohit Jelani, Anup Dave, Prashanth Chandra Menon, Salabh Srivastav, Fazal Mohammied, Rakesh Patel
Replacements: Manish Sharma, Nikhil Doru and Rakesh Dhruv
International Cricketers: Gautam Gambhir,Ajay Ratra, L Balaji, Parthiv Patel, Deep Dasgupta
Domestic Cricketers:piyush arya Vinayak Mane, Y Gnaneswara Rao, Ishan Ganda, Kashinath Khadkikar, Gaganinder Singh, Arindam Das, Arjun Yadav, Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan, Raja Ali, Uday Karkera, Salil Yadav, Mulewa Dharmichand, Swapnil Hazare, Maninder Singh, Shalabh Srivastava
2013 2013 2013 2013 International Cricketers: Robin Uthappa, Manoj Tiwari, Piyush Chawla, Rohit Sharma
Domestic Cricketers: Piyush Arya, Tanmay Srivastava, Salim Pathan, Mahesh Rawat, AG Pradeep, Ravikant Shukla, Gaurav Sharma, Uday Kaul, Pinal Shah, Shahbaz Nadeem, Avinash Vaidya, Shailendra Pandore, Ryan Ninan, Gaurav Dhiman,Tushar Alakh, Abid Nabi, Jagrut Mehta, Umesh Karvi, Sayak Ghosh, Prem Prateek, Jalaj Saxena.
- Sunil Gavaskar was a member of the NCA committee in 2000 and resigned after criticism from NCA Chairperson Raj Singh Dungapur on his comments in a newspaper column that it was not correct for NCA trainees to get a tour match at the cost of local teams.
- 3 Cricketers in the inaugural batch – Murali Karthik, Harbhajan Singh and Nikhil Haldipur were released from the academy citing indiscipline.
- In August 2007, Kapil Dev was removed from Chairmanship of the NCA a day after he addressed a press conference about BCCI's rival Indian Cricket League.
NCA awards a scholarship to three promising players to visit Australia’s Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. The scholarship is named after the legendary Australian and Indian captains, Allan Border and Sunil Gavaskar, who both scored more than 10,000 runs in Test cricket.
- Anubhab Sarkar
- "NCA Inaugurated". The Hindu. 2 May 2000. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "His last words: Donald George Bradman". Daily News and Analysis. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- NCA revamp
- "NCA to open five zonal academies". ESPNcricinfo. 30 April 2001. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "Balwinder Sandhu to be NCA's Head Coach". The Hindu. 8 March 2001. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "NCA camp from today". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "NCA appointments". The Hindu. 5 December 2005. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "NCA training season from May 1". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "2006/08 Selection Committee Announcement". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 14 March 2007.
- "Ravi Shastri appointed NCA chairman". ESPNcricinfo. 28 September 2007.
- Patel set to be NCA director
- "Hanumant rules out return of trainees". ESPNcricinfo. 28 July 2000. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "Raj singh is nothing without his chair: Gavaskar". ESPNcricinfo. 23 December 2000. Retrieved 9 May 2007.