National Cyber Security Alliance
|Michael Kaiser, Executive Director|
The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), a 501c(3) non-profit founded in 2001, is a public private partnership, working with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), private sector sponsors (founding sponsors included Symantec, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, SAIC, EMC, McAfee), and nonprofit collaborators to promote cyber security awareness for home users, small and medium size businesses, and primary and secondary education. The NCSA's mission is to empower and support digital citizens to use the Internet securely and safely, protecting themselves and the cyber infrastructure.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month is a project of the NCSA, as is the US Government's Stop. Think. Connect. campaign for broader public cyber security awareness (the Anti-Phishing Working Group and the Department of Homeland Security are also involved).
Facebook became a member of the NCSA in 2011. The NCSA offers many ways for volunteers to get involved during Cyber Security Awareness month. This is a chance for everyone to do their part to keep the internet safe and secure. More information can be found at https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/
- "National Cyber Security Alliance in Brief" (PDF). National Cyber Security Alliance. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "National Cyber Security Awareness Month". National Cyber Security Alliance. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "About Us". Stop Think Connect. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "DHS Launches "Stop. Think. Connect" National Cybersecurity Awareness Campaign" (Press release). Department of Homeland Security. October 4, 2010. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "Facebook Chief Security Officer Joe Sullivan Joins National Cyber Security Alliance Board". PR Newswire. January 31, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "Worldwide Information Technology Leader Cisco Joins the National Cyber Security Alliance's Board of Directors". January 12, 2016. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "National Cyber Security Alliance's Board of Directors". Retrieved January 15, 2016.