National Democratic Front (Philippines)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|National Democratic Front - Philippines|
|Pambansang Demokratikong Prente ng Pilipinas|
|Leader(s)||Luis Jalondoni, Jose Maria Sison|
|Dates of operation||March 29, 1969 – present|
|Part of a series on|
The National Democratic Front - Philippines (NDFP) (Filipino: Pambansang Demokratikong Prente ng Pilipinas (PDPP)) is a coalition of progressive social and economic justice organizations, agricultural unions, trade unions, indigenous rights groups, leftist political parties, and other related groups in the Philippines. It belongs to the much broader National Democracy Movement (Philippines).
The NDFP adopted the following 12-point program to bring about "national liberation and democracy [that] seeks to provide a broad basis of unity for all social classes, sectors, groups and individual Filipinos here and abroad desirous of genuine national freedom and democracy, lasting peace and a progressive Philippines.":
- Unite the people for the overthrow of the semi-colonial and semi-feudal system through a people’s war and for the completion of the national democratic revolution.
- Establish a people’s democratic republic and a democratic coalition government.
- Build the people’s revolutionary army and the people’s defense system.
- Uphold and promote the people’s democratic rights.
- Terminate all unequal relations with the United States and other foreign entities.
- Implement genuine agrarian reform, promote agricultural cooperation, raise rural production and employment through the modernization of agriculture and rural industrialization and ensure agricultural sustainability.
- Break the combined dominance of the U.S. and other imperialists, big compradors and landlords over the economy. Carry out national industrialization and build an independent and self-reliant economy.
- Adopt a comprehensive and progressive social policy.
- Promote a national, scientific and pro-people culture.
- Uphold the rights to self-determination and democracy of the Moro people, Cordillera peoples and other national minorities or indigenous peoples.
- Advance the revolutionary emancipation of women in all spheres.
- Adopt an active, independent and peaceful foreign policy.
Member of the front include:
- Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP)
- New People's Army (NPA)
- Moro Resistance and Liberation Organization (MRLO)
- National Democratic Front of the Philippines (official website)
- International League of Peoples' Struggles (official website)
- VERSCHUUR-BALLO, CHARED (March 28, 2014). "No vacuum in NPA leadership despite Tiamzon couple's arrest –Joma". GMA News. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "12 Point Program of the NDFP". Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- Ayroso, Dee, "Revolutionary Muslim Group MRLO Calls For Intensified Armed Struggle in Mindanao", Bulatlat, 25 June 2015