National Dunking Association
At its peak, the association claimed millions of members across more than 300 chapters. Members included famous actors, athletes, political figures, and people of all ages.
Members were encouraged to eat doughnuts using the Official Dunking Rules, a step-by-step method outlined by the organization. The lighthearted rules referred to dunking donuts as a sport and instructed members to break their donuts in half before swishing them rhythmically in coffee, cocoa, tea, or milk.
- Johnny Carson
- Jimmy Durante
- Jack Lemmon
- Red Skelton
- Joey Bishop
- Paul V. McNutt
- Zero Mostel
- Martha Graham
- Penfold, Steve. The Donut: A Canadian History. University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division. p. 33. ISBN 978-0802095459.
- "National Dunkers to Act; Annual Convention Hopes to Clear Up Doughnut-Cruller Controversy". Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Photo" (JPG). static.comicvine.com. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Photo" (JPG). www.doughboysreno.com. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Dunkers Ask U.S. Defining Of Doughnut and Cruller". Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "The Great American Doughnut". Boys' Life. Vol. 59 no. 12. December 1969. p. 78.
- "M'Nutt Joins Dunkers, Convinced by Editorial". Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- The Oxford Companion to Sugar and Sweets. Oxford University Press. Apr 1, 2015. p. 227. ISBN 9780199313617.