National Economic and Social Development Board
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Formed||February 15, 1950|
|Parent agency||Office of the Prime Minister (Thailand)|
- Established in 1950 as the National Economic Board (NEB)
- Renamed National Economic Development Board (NEDB) in 1959
- Launched the first National Economic Development Plan in 1961
- Reformed as the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) in 1972, under the Prime Minister's Office
NESDB is Thailand's central planning agency responsible for crafting strategies for balanced and sustainable development in the national interest.
- Formulate the five-year National Economic and Social Development Plan. The current plan is The Eleventh National Economic and Social Development Plan, 2012-2016. The Twelfth National Economic and Social Development Plan, 2017-2021 is to be released on 1 October 2016 at the start of Thailand's 2017 fiscal year.
- Pursue four national agendas:
- Formulate strategies for key government policies and major development projects
- Analyze budget proposals by state enterprises and related agencies
- Create an economic intelligence database, especially for GDP data
- Develop development indicators
The NESDB is composed of two main components:
- Composed of 15 members
- Provides recommendations and comments on national economic and social development to the prime minister and cabinet
- Coordinates NESDB efforts and those of related government agencies and state enterprises to formulate plans, development projects, and implementation plans.
Office of the NESDB
- Divided into 13 offices and two divisions
- Headed by the secretary-general
- Accommodates key development variables, notably the move towards a knowledge-based economy, civil service reforms, and good governance
- "Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board" (Brochure). National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "NESDB Executives". National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Vision/Organization Culture/NESDB Values". Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "The Eleventh National Economic and Social Development Plan, 2012-2016" (PDF). Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- Parpart, Erich (2015-09-15). "Human resources at the core of 12th national development plan: PM". The Nation. Retrieved 1 October 2016.