National Egg Coordination Committee
|Slogan||"My Egg, My Price, My Life"|
National Egg Coordination Committee (NECC) is an association of poultry farmers in India with a membership of more than 25000 farmers. In the past two decades, NECC has played a significant role for the betterment of the poultry industry in general, and the egg industry in particular, through its various programmes like market intervention, price support operations, egg promotion campaigns, consumer education, market research, rural market development and liaisons with the government on vital issues concerning the industry
NECC has vast objectives to play significant role in Indian Egg industry which mainly focus on Egg Pricing. After fulfilling its original purpose NECC expanded its scope of activities to achieve the following.
- On bases of reasonable Price for customer, decent margin for middleman and fair return to farmer, it declares the Egg Price.
- Monitoring, Managing, Regulating the stocks from surplus to deficit regions
- Market intervention through Agrocorpex India Limited.
- Having a dependable and close network of marketeers that use multi level marketing to sell the products.
- Promote egg trade, egg farm, egg exports .
- Make available the technology and information for increased production of eggs.
The Indian Poultry industry suffered an unusual series of crises in early 1980's, as the selling price had become lower than the production cost. Many of the poultry farmers shutdown their farm operations as a result of heavy losses. A group of farmers motivated by Dr. B. V. Rao, Ch. Jagapati Rao, etc. travelled across the country, organising over 300 meetings with groups, individuals, and traders. Their objective — to unite poultry farmers from all over India, and take control of their own destiny. In May 1982, NECC was formally registered as a trust under the Indian Societies Registration Act and on May 14, 1982 NECC started declaring egg prices.
- "Objectives : Aiming high and how are they achieved". National Egg coordination Committee. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "NECC fixes minimum wholesale price for egg". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "The Beginning". National Egg coordination Committee. Retrieved 11 December 2012.