National Elections Commission (Liberia)
The National Elections Commission (NEC) of the Republic of Liberia is an autonomous agency in Liberia that supervises the national elections of Liberia.
The following people are members of the Commission of 2013
- Chairman: Jerome G. Korkoya
- Co-Chairman: Sarah J. Toe
- Jonathan K. Weedor
- Samuel Z. Joe
- Jeanette A. Ebba-Davidson
- Davidetta Browne Lansanah
- Boakai Dukuly
- C.A. Lamin Lighe
- Deputy Executive-Directors
- Dweh Doeyen
- Emma K. Togbah
- Nathan P. Garbie
In 2009, a $17.5 million contract was offered to the NEC by USAID through the International Foundation for Electoral Systems. The money was provided to support the Commission in holding the 2011 and 2014 general elections. The aid was greeted by then election commissioner, James Fromayan.
- Jean-Matthew Nation, Tamba (29 October 2009). "Liberia to het $17.5m for polls". Daily Nation (Kenya).
- B. Yates, Charles. "Ahead Of 2011 Elections: U.S. Government Gives US$17.5 m For NEC". Inquirer (Liberia). Retrieved November 20, 2009.