National Electric Vehicle Sweden
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Kai Johan Jiang (Chairman)|
Stefan Tilk (President)
Number of employees
National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB, abbreviated to NEVS, is a Swedish electric car manufacturer which has acquired the assets of Saab from a bankruptcy estate in 2012.
NEVS is the trademark of the company’s products including the first electric vehicle based on the 9-3 platform which was to start in 2017.
On 31 August 2012, NEVS acquired the main assets of the Saab Automobile bankruptcy estates. In December 2015 the company signed a strategic collaboration agreement with the Chinese company Panda New Energy Co, an energy vehicle leasing company that focuses on limiting emissions. According to the agreement, NEVS will provide Panda with 150,000 9-3 sedan electric vehicles until the end of 2020. NEVS signed a battery contract with Contemporary Amperex Technology in 2017. In 2017, DiDi, a Chinese transportation network company, announced a 4 billion SEK investment in NEVS.
Owners and management
Evergrande Group in China acquired 51% of the shares in NEVS in January 2019. Evergrande has since then increased to 68% of the shares. National Energy Holding (owned by the founder Kai Johan Jiang) has 32% of the shares. 
NEVS currently sells vehicles only in China.
- 9-3 (2012-2015 (under Saab name), 2017-present (under NEVS name), a compact electric sedan based on the Saab 9-3.
- 9-3x (production to start in 2021), a compact electric crossover station wagon version of the 9-3.
- 9-4 (production to start in 2021), a compact electric sedan based on the cancelled Saab 9-3 successor Phoenix prototype.
- 9-4x (production to start in 2021), a compact electric compact SUV L113.
- REVAi (production start in 2022), a compact electric City Car.
- "NEVS Annual Report 2018" (PDF). nevs.com. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "About us". NEVS. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "NEVS to deliver 150,000 EV's to Panda New Energy Ltd. (Update) – SAABSUNITED".
- Lambert, Fred (1 March 2017). "Chinese battery maker signs massive supply contract with NEVS ahead of build out of new Gigafactory-size plant".
- ""Kinas Uber" går in i Nevs - DN.SE". 26 October 2017. Archived from the original on 26 October 2017.
- "NEVS - Evergrande Group new main owner in NEVS AB". www.nevs.com. Archived from the original on 21 January 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "Breaking: All-New NEVS cars Gets Its Picture Taken For The First Time". saabplanet.com. 20 January 2019.