National Board of Examinations
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health, Government of India, and established in 1975 at New Delhi to standardizing postgraduate medical education and examination in India.
The postgraduate degree awarded by the National Board of Examinations is called the Diplomate of National Board (DNB). The list of recognised qualifications awarded by the Board in various specialties and super-specialties are approved by the Government of India and are included in the First Schedule of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
The National Board of Examinations conducts the largest portfolio of examinations in the field of medicine in India and perhaps at a Global level. During 2014, the NBE conducted exams for a record 150,000 medical graduates and specialists.
The National Board of Examinations conducts the following examinations:
a) Centralized Entrance Test for admission to DNB Broad Specialties.
b) Centralised Entrance Test for admission to DNB Super Specialties.
c) DNB final (exit) examinations.
d) Screening test for Indian Nationals with foreign medical graduate qualifications.
e) Fellowship Entrance and Exit examinations.
g) NEET PG 
i) NEET MDS 
j) NEET SS 
The examinations are conducted as per the schedule of examinations notified in advance at the website www.natboard.edu.in
The screening test is governed by the screening test regulations as notified by the Medical Council of India with previous approval of Central Government of India and the judgments of the Supreme Court of India.
The NBE consists of medical professionals nominated by the Central Government and ex officio functionaries of the Central Government such as DGHS, Chairman UGC, Secretary - HRD, Addl. Secretary Ministry of Health, DGAFMS, President of Medical Council of India, President of Dental Council of India etc. The Executive Director of NBE is the executive officer of NBE.
As of 2016 the Executive Director of NBE is Bipin Batra.
- Past executive directors
- B. K. Maini
- S. Bhardwaj
- A. Goswami
- A. Sood
- Past presidents
- A. Rajasekaran (1998 to 2001 and 2004–2007) 
- J. S. Bajaj (1995 to 1998)
- R. V. Azad (2001 to 2004)
- "India to specialise in infectious diseases". The Times of India. 8 Jan 2007.
- "President of National Board of Examinations". The Hindu. 9 Jun 2004.
- "New Office building of National Board of Examinations". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 11 December 2007.
- "Doctors' lobby against renomination". Indian Express. 16 February 1998.
- "Entrance to PG, Super-specialty courses through NEET from this year: Prof (Dr) Bipin Batra, NBE". Medical Dialogues. 1 June 2016.
- "NEET MDS 2017: Exclusive Discussion with Dr. Bipin Batra, Executive Director, NBE". Medical Dialogues. 20 September 2016.
- "NEET SS 2017 decoded with Dr Bipin Batra, NBE". Medical Dialogues. 16 December 2016.
- "Dr Bipin Batra conferred TPJ National Excellence Award". Medical Dialogues. 27 January 2016.
- National Board of Examinations - Official Website