National Engineering and Scientific Commission
|Type||Science and technology|
The National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) is a civilian controlled scientific and engineering organization in Pakistan, carrying out research and development in many areas including information technology, fluid dynamics, aerodynamics, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and chemical engineering, with specialties in the design and production of communication systems and aerodynamic vehicles.
In 2007 it was reported that NESCOM had exported products worth approximately $40 million annually to various countries in the Middle East, South East Asia and Africa. According to then Chairman Samar Mubarakmand, NESCOM had developed various communication systems and electronic counter-measures systems for the Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Navy.
- Burraq - unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) armed with laser-guided missiles
- Barq - laser guided air-to-surface missile
- Babur (Hatf VII) - cruise missile with a reported range of 700km.
- H-4, H-2 - precision-guided munition
- Shaheen-III - ballistic missile with a reported range of 2750km .