National Enterprise Corporation
The National Enterprise Corporation (NEC) was established in 1989 by an Act of Parliament of Uganda, soon after the victories of the National Resistance Army and the National Resistance Movement in the Luwero War, as the commercial arm of the army of Uganda. The NEC is a state corporation with extensive involvement in the economy of Uganda. Its activities include agricultural, manufacturing, healthcare, service industry and defense industry projects and companies. The current managing director of the NEC is Mr Denial Mukombzi. Head offices are located in Kampala.
Organization and operations
- NEC Construction Works and Engineering - construction and engineering work for civilian sector and military sector including barracks and housing
- Luwero Industries Ltd - manufacture and repair of ordnance, armored vehicles, electronics equipment, agricultural equipment
- NEC TRACTOR HIRE SCHEME LTD- " NEC has come to be respected and proven itself as the leading provider of tractor hire services in the industry with a wide range of implements for Ploughing, Harrowing , machine Planting, Bush clearing Harvesting and Valley dam excavation."
- NEC Farm Katonga - cattle ranching
- Ugiran Company - a joint venture of NEC and Iran Tractor Manufacturing Company (ITMCO)
- NEC Health World Pharmaceuticals - joint venture with Healthworld Group; pharmaceuticals, diagnostic products, mosquito nets
- National Security Forces Holdings - cement, steel sheets
|This Uganda-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|