National Expressway 2 (India)
|Maintained by NHAI|
|Length:||135 km (84 mi)|
|Major cities:||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Baghpat, Greater Noida, Palwal, Sonipat|
National Expressway 2 or Eastern Peripheral Expressway is a proposed expressway in the National Capital Region which will bypass Delhi on the eastern side.  The expressway will provide connectivity between Delhi and the towns of Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Greater Noida, Baghpat and Sonipat. The project involves construction of a six-lane expressway with access control from Faridabad to Sonipat. The expressway will be 135 km long and will have two sections, the 56 km-long Faridabad-Ghaziabad section and the 49 km-long Ghaziabad-Sonipat section. The completed expressway will help relieve traffic congestion in the Faridabad-Ghaziabad stretch. Government of India approved funding for the expressway in August 2015.
Project Status Updates
- 2015 Nov: Foundation stone of 135-km long expressway laid by PM of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- 2016 Feb: Work started on expressway.
- "Eastern Peripheral Expressway" (PDF). TOI. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Reliance Infrastructure is sole bidder for Eastern Peripheral Expressway". TOI. 26 December 2008. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Eastern Peripheral Expressway back on track". yahoo. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Eastern Peripheral Expressway". TOI. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Link to Noida". gurgaonscoop.com. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Government approves funding". TOI. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Government approves 17,000-crore highways upgradation projects". TOI. Retrieved 9 January 2016.