National Federation for Just Communities
The National Federation for Just Communities a Michigan-based organization dedicated to overcoming racism, bias, and discrimination by building understanding, respect and trust through education, advocacy and community involvement.
The National Federation for Just Communities ("NFJC") is a coalition of like-minded non-profit organizations working across America to bring the values of diversity, inclusion, and social justice to our schools, workplaces, and communities. Their vision is "the reality of inclusion and justice for all [in] every community."
NFJC was created in 2006 by a number of organizations that were formerly regional offices of the National Conference for Community and Justice, which was founded in 1927 as the National Conference of Christians and Jews. The NFJC founders were Dan Krichbaum, Diane Schwartz, Jarrod Schwartz, and Ruth Shepherd.
Today, members meet annually at a conference hosted by one of NFJC's affiliate offices, and also stay connected through sharing calls, a mentoring program, and other special initiatives.
2019 NFJC member organizations include:
- California Conference for Equality and Justice (California)
- Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio (Ohio)
- Inclusive Communities (Nebraska)
- Just Communities of Arkansas (Arkansas)
- Just Communities Central Coast (California)
- MCCJ (Florida)
- Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion (Michigan)
- NCCJ Connecticut/Western Massachusetts (Connecticut/Massachusetts)
- NCCJ of the Piedmont Triad (North Carolina)
- NCCJ St. Louis (Missouri)
- National Federation for Just Communities of Western New York (New York)
- Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice (Oklahoma)
- OneJax (Florida)
- Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities (Virginia)
- Zizek,, Boris; Garz, Detlef; Nowak, Ewa. Kohlberg Revisited. p. 52. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
The “National Federation for Just Communities,” a coalition of organizations in fourteen U.S. states designed to “bring ...
- Federation, National (February 18, 2008). "National Federation for Just Communities Launches Coalition of Member Organizations". PR Newswire. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "Federation will honor community leaders". Buffalo News. 2016-01-24. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- Buckley, Eileen (January 30, 2014). "Honored for outstanding contributions in the area of sisterhood & brotherhood". WBFO. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- "Six to be honored at Just Communities banquet". Buffalo News. March 14, 2016. Retrieved April 8, 2017.