National Foods Limited
|Industry||Packaged food products|
|Founded||(1970Karachi, Pakistan) in|
|Pakistan, United States, Canada, Middle East and Asia, Europe/United Kingdom and Africa|
|A. Majid Chairman|
CEO Abrar Hasan
|Total assets||US $169 million as of 2013|
Number of employees
|235 per unit as of 2019|
National Foods Limited (نیشنل فوڈز لمیٹڈ) is a Pakistani multinational food products company founded in 1970, which started out as a spice company and now is a major food products company in Pakistan.
In 1988, National Foods became the certified vendor of McCormick, United States. In the same year, National Foods, then a Private Limited company was converted into a Public Limited company, traded on all the three stock exchanges of Pakistan. On 11 January 2016, all three former city stock exchanges in Pakistan merged to form Pakistan Stock Exchange.
With a range of over 250 food products in over 10 major categories, National Foods is one of the prominent food companies in Pakistan.
The company was incorporated in Pakistan on 19 February 1970 as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1913 and subsequently converted into a public limited company under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 by a special resolution passed in the extraordinary general meeting held on March 30, 1988. The company is principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of convenience-based food products. The registered office of the company is situated at 12 / CL - 6, Claremont Road, Civil Lines, Karachi.
In 2013, as a company National Foods Limited (Pakistan) was listed on the Forbes List of Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion (2013).
In 2017, National Foods Limited acquired a controlling interest in Canadian company A1 Cash & Carry to further expand its operations across the globe. A1 Cash & Carry is a wholesale distributor of foodservice products, disposables, and sanitation/janitorial products in Canada. This company is partially owned by a Canadian-based Pakistani businessman Amjad Pervaiz.
- National Foods DMCC (Dubai)
- National Foods Pakistan (UK) Limited
- National Epicure Inc, (Canada)
- Spices, pickles, tomato ketchup, jams, jellies, sauces, cooking pastes, fruit juices, fruit drinks 
- Biryanis, curries, barbeque items and kababs (ready-to-eat-meals)
The company currently operates three factories in the following cities:
- Business Summary of National Foods Limited on MarketScreener.com website Retrieved 22 December 2020
- National Foods acquires A1 Cash & Carry, Canadian company Daily Times (newspaper), Published 27 January 2017, Retrieved 22 December 2020
- National Foods Limited (Pakistan) listed on the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion company Retrieved 22 December 2020
- Financial Statement of National Foods Limited (Pakistan) on financials.morningstar.com website Retrieved 22 December 2020
- "Contact Us | National Foods". nfoods.com.
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|