National Foods Limited
|Traded as||PSX: NATF|
|Industry||Packaged food products|
|Founded||(1970Karachi, Pakistan) in|
|A. Majid Chairman|
CEO Abrar Hasan
|Total assets||US $169 million as of 2013|
Number of employees
|752 as of 2019|
In 1988, National Foods became the certified vendor of McCormick, United States. In the same year, National Foods, then a Private Limited company was converted into a Public Limited company, traded on all the three stock exchanges of Pakistan. On 11 January 2016, all three former city stock exchanges in Pakistan merged to form Pakistan Stock Exchange.
With a range of over 250 food products in over 10 major categories, National Foods is one of the prominent food companies in Pakistan.
The company was incorporated in Pakistan on 19 February 1970 as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1913 and subsequently converted into a public limited company under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 by a special resolution passed in the extraordinary general meeting held on March 30, 1988. The company is principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of convenience-based food products. It is listed on Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad Stock Exchanges. The registered office of the company is situated at 12 / CL - 6, Claremont Road, Civil Lines, Karachi.
In 2013, as a company National Foods Limited (Pakistan) was listed on the Forbes List of Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion (2013).
In 2017, National Foods Limited acquired a controlling interest in Canadian company A1 Cash & Carry to further expand its operations across the globe. A1 Cash & Carry is a wholesale distributor of foodservice products, disposables, and sanitation/janitorial products in Canada. This company is partially owned by a Canadian-based Pakistani businessman Amjad Pervaiz.
- National Foods DMCC (Dubai)
- National Foods Pakistan (UK) Limited
- National Epicure Inc, (Canada)
National Foods Limited manufactures and sells spices, pickles, tomato ketchup, jams, jellies, sauces, cooking pastes, fruit juices, fruit drinks and ready-to-eat meals.
The company currently operates three factories in the following cities:
- Company Overview of National Foods Limited on Financial Times (UK newspaper), Retrieved 7 October 2017
- National Foods acquires A1 Cash & Carry, Canadian company, Daily Times (newspaper), Published 27 January 2017, Retrieved 9 October 2017
- National Foods Limited (Pakistan) listed on the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion company, Retrieved 7 October 2017
- Financial Statement of National Foods Limited (Pakistan) on financials.morningstar.com website, Retrieved 7 October 2017
- "Contact Us | National Foods". nfoods.com.
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|