National Girl Child Day
|National Girl Child Day|
|Official name||National Girl Child Day|
|Significance||Promoting awareness of issues facing girl child in India, such as education, nutrition, child marriage, legal rights, and medical care, protection, honour.|
The National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India every year on January 24. It was started by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Government of India in 2008, with the purpose to spread awareness among people about all the inequalities girls face in the Indian society. The day is celebrated by organizing various programs including awareness campaigns on Save the girl child, child sex ratios, and creating a healthy and safe environment for a girl child.
- To spread awareness among people about all the inequalities faced by girls in the country.
- To promote awareness about the rights of a girl child.
- To increase awareness on the importance of girl education, health, and nutrition.
- Goyal, Sikha (January 24, 2019). "National Girl Child Day 2019: History,Theme,Objectives and Significance". Jagranjosh. Dainik Jagran.
- Nair, Arun (January 24, 2019). "National Girl Child Day 2019: All You Need To Know". NDTV.
- ""Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow" - National Girl Child Day 2019". The Economic Times. January 24, 2019.
- "Significance of National Girl Child Day". The Morung Express. January 24, 2018.
- Carvalho, Nirmala (January 24, 2010). "'National Girl Child Day' against selective abortions and female infanticide". AsiaNews.
- "National girl child day being observed with theme 'Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow'". DD News. January 24, 2019.