National Guard is the name used by a wide variety of current and historical uniformed organizations in different countries. The original National Guard was formed during the French Revolution around a cadre of defectors from the French Guards.
National Guard may refer to:
- National Guard (Egypt), a paramilitary force under the command of the Ministry of Defense
- National Guard (Mauritania), the National Guard of Mauritania
- Tunisian National Guard, a separate military force of Tunisia
- National Guard (Guinea-Bissau), a gendarmerie force of Guinea-Bissau
- National Guard (Brazil), a paramilitary militia created in 1831 to support the Brazilian Army
- National Guard (Dominican Republic) (Guardia Nacional), a military force; see History of the Dominican Republic
- National Guard (El Salvador) (1912–1992), the Salvadoran gendarmerie
- National Guard (Nicaragua) (1925–1979), a militia and a gendarmerie created during the occupation by the United States
- National Guard (United States), militia organized by each of the 50 U.S. states, territories, and D.C.
- Army National Guard, a reserve force of the United States Army which functions as the ground component of the state-level militia while not in federal service
- Air National Guard, a reserve force of the United States Air Force which functions as the air component of the state-level militia while not in federal service
- Venezuelan National Guard (Guardia Nacional de Venezuela), one of the four components of the National Armed Forces of Venezuela
- Azerbaijani National Guard, an armed force of the Government of Azerbaijan, and operates as a semi-independent entity.
- National Guard (Bahrain), a separate military force in Bahrain that serves both as defence force and as a security force
- National Guard (Iraq), part of the new Military of Iraq absorbed by the Iraqi Army
- Kuwait National Guard, an internal and border security force part of Kuwait Military Forces
- National Guard of Kazakhstan
- National Guard (Kyrgyzstan), One of the regiments of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan
- Sri Lanka National Guard, the largest regiment in the Sri Lanka Army
- Saudi Arabian National Guard, one of the three major branches of the Armed Forces of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Turkmen National Guard
- National Guard of Pakistan, a paramilitary force mainly charged with air defense
- National Security Guard, a special force in India primarily utilised for counter-terrorism activities
- Presidential National Guard, a special operations branch of the Tajik Armed Forces.
- Uzbekistan National Guard
- National Guard (France), militias formed in each city from the time of the French Revolution to the Paris Commune
- Cypriot National Guard, combined arms military force of the Republic of Cyprus
- National Republican Guard (Italy), a paramilitary force of the Italian Social Republic
- Latvian National Guard, a volunteer paramilitary armed force, part of National Armed Forces of Latvia
- National Guards Unit of Bulgaria, successor of the Personal Cavalry Convoy of Knyaz Alexander I
- National Guard of Georgia, a military structure within the Georgian Armed Forces
- National Militia (Spain), 19th century quasi-military force comparable to the National Guard in France
- National Republican Guard (Portugal), the gendarmerie of Portugal
- White Guard (Finland) (1918–1944), voluntary militia of the Whites in the Finnish Civil War of 1918
- National Guard of Ukraine, formed 1991–2000 and 2014–current
- National Guard (Ireland), better known as the Blueshirts, a 1930s political movement in Ireland
- Estonian Defence League, unified paramilitary armed forces of the Republic of Estonia
- National Guard of Russia, gendarmerie force of Russia, formed in 2016
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.