National Highway 3 (India)
Map of the National Highway in red
Rohtang Pass on NH 3
|Maintained by NHAI|
|Length||556 km (345 mi)|
|West end||Attari, Punjab|
|East end||Leh, J & K|
|States||Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur, Naduan, Hamirpur, Toni Devi, Awa Devi, Mandi, Kullu, Manali|
National Highway 3, or NH 3, is a national highway in India. It starts from Atari adjacent to India-Pakistan border and near Amritsar and terminates at Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, via Manali in Himachal Pradesh.
- Attari - Jalandhar section of old NH 1.
- Jalandhar - Mandi section of old NH 70.
- Mandi - Manali section of old NH 21.
National Highway 3 route runs through three states.
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Terminal at Wagah India/Pakistan border.
- NH 54 near Amritsar.
- NH 354 near Amritsar.
- NH 503A near Amritsar.
- NH 44 near Jalandhar.
- NH 703 near Jalandhar.
- NH 703A near Jalandhar.
- NH 344B near Hoshiarpur.
- NH 503A near Hoshiarpur.
- NH 503 near Mubarakpur.
- NH 303 near Nadaun.
- NH 103 near Hamirpur.
- NH 305 near Aut.
- NH 505 near Gramphoo.
- NH 1 Terminal point near Leh.
Construction and upgradation
Process for upgrading of road from two to four lanes on Jalandhar to Hoshiarpur section was started by NHAI to improve connectivity. Traffic congestion is encountered at Adampur and Rama Mandi on this 58 km stretch. 39.4 km of this project is assigned to the public works department, Punjab.
Map with spur routes
- Leh-Manali Highway
- List of National Highways in India by highway number
- National Highways Development Project
- "New Numbering of National Highways notification - Government of India" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Route substitution notification for national highways 3 and 503" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "National highways in Punjab". Public Works Department - Government of Punjab. Retrieved 10 Sep 2018.
- "National highways in H.P. as on 31.8.2015" (PDF). Public Works Department - Government of Himachal Pradesh. Retrieved 10 Sep 2018.
- "State-wise length of National Highways (NH) in India as on 30.06.2017". Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "NHAI starts process for widening of 58 km stretch of Jalandhar-Hoshiarpur road". The Tribune India. 9 Jan 2015. Retrieved 11 Sep 2018.
- "Work on Doaba four-laning projects set to gather pace". Hindustan Times. 16 Jan 2018. Retrieved 11 Sep 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NH 3 (India).|