National Highway 73 (India)
Map of the National Highway in red
NH 73 crossing Charmadi Ghat
|Length||317 km (197 mi)|
National Highway 73 (NH 73) is a National Highway in India. This highway runs in the Indian state of Karnataka. It starts from sea port city of Mangaluru ( Mangalore) and ends at Tumkuru. Even though named as national highway the road is narrow in Charmady ghat section of Western ghats. This highway was previously part of national highways 48, 234 and 206 but subsequent to rationalisation of national highway numbers of India by Gazette notification on 5 March 2010 it was changed to National Highway 73.
The national highway 73 ( NH-73) connects towns of Mangaluru, Bantwal Beltangady, Ujire, Charmadi, Kottigehara, Mudigere, Belur, Halebeedu, Javagal, Banavara, Arasikere, Tiptur, Kibbanahalli, Nittur, Gubbi and Tumkuru in the state of Karnataka.
- NH 66 Terminal near Mangaluru.
- NH 75 near Bantval
- NH 173 near Mudigere
- NH 373 near Belur
- NH 69 near Banavara
- NH 150A near Kibbanahalli
- NH 48 Terminal near Tumkuru.
- List of National Highways in India
- List of National Highways in India by state
- National Highways Development Project
- List of National Highways in Karnataka
- "New Numbering of National Highways notification - Government of India" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "Rationalisation of Numbering Systems of National Highways" (PDF). New Delhi: Department of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "State-wise length of National Highways (NH) in India". Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NH 73 (India).|
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|