National Institute of Ayurveda
|Established||February 7, 1976|
|Director||Prof. Shankar rao|
|Location||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Affiliations||Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University|
The National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) is the apex institute for training and research in Ayurveda in India, established in 1976 at Jaipur, by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The institute is one eight apex national institutes established across nation, for training and research in "Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy education", by Department of AYUSH, Government of India, and only central institute of Ayurveda, under AYUSH.
The institute has its origins in the Government Ayurvedic College, Jaipur established by Government of Rajasthan in 1946, which was merged in 1976 to form the present institute. It is now affiliated with Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur, formerly known as Rajasthan Ayurved University. It is also one of the only two post graduate institutes under Union government, with other one being, the Institute of Post Graduate Training and Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar.
The university offers following degrees, diploma and certificate program:
- Ph.D (Ayurved)
- M.D.(Ayurved) / M.S.(Ayurved)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.)
- B. Pharma (Ayurveda)
- Diploma in AYUSH Nursing and Pharmacy (DAN & P)
- Panch Karma Technician Course
- Diploma in Herbal Farming
- Certificate Course in Kshar-Sutra
- Certificate Course in Panchakarma
- Certificate Course in Yoga & Naturopathy
- Diploma Course in Ayurveda for Medical Students
- Diploma Course in Ayurveda for foreigners
- Ayurveda Course for Allopathic Doctors
- "National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) Jaipur". Department of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
- "AYUSH: National Institutes". Government of India portal.
- "AYUSH students stir". The Times of India. Mar 15, 2011.
- History, Aims and Objectives NIA website.
- "Ayurveda institute on the lines of AIIMS to be set up". The Hindu. Jan 25, 2008.
|This article about a university or college in Rajasthan, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|