National Institute of Fashion Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||New Delhi (Headquarters), India|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Textiles, Government of India|
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India. It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
NIFT currently has 16 campuses: its main campus (headquarter and university head office ) in New Delhi, and campuses in Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Raebareli, Shillong, and Srinagar.
NIFT offers four-year undergraduate, as well as two-year post-graduate, programmes in design, management, and technology.
To secure admission in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) as well as Master of Design (M.Des) programmes offered at NIFT, students need to take two written admission tests: the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT).
For technology and management programmes—Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech), Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech) and Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)—aspirants need to qualify in national level entrance examination.
NIFT organises its own entrance exam yearly in India. The NIFT admission process:
Candidates need to first appear for a written test. Students who make it to the rank-list in this test are then eligible to appear for the situation test for joining the design stream. For the fashion technology course only the written test score is required.
The following courses are offered under Bachelors of Design:
Candidates need to first appear for a written test and then a personal interview round.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Hyderabad
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Kannur
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- National Institute of Design
- Fashion in India
- Fashion design
- "NIFT Advantage". National Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Autonomous Bodies". Ministry of Textiles. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- The National Institute of Fashion Technology Bill, 2006 passed by Parliament Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. 23 May 2006.
- New Fashion School in India Draws From a Rich Heritage, by Barbara Crossette, New York Times, 21 June 1989.
- "Organizational Structure". National Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Board of Governors". National Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Administrative setup". National Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "Visiting NIFT". National Institute of Fashion Technology. 2017. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Bhat, Afsana (17 December 2009). "Fashion technology institute to be set up in Srinagar". The Herald of India. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Guidelines" (PDF).
- "Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2017". CEOWORLD magazine. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "NIFT ranked 19th among world's best fashion schools 2017, USA's Parsons tops list". FashionNetwork. Retrieved June 14, 2017.