National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||ज्ञान नवीनता बढ़ जाना()|
Motto in English
|knowledge innovation outreach|
|Location||Sonepat, Haryana, India|
The National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) is a newly established premier public institution for research, education and catering the need of various stakeholders, e.g. entrepreneurs, food processing industry, exporters, policy makers and government policy. The NIFTEM is being set up by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India at HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli in Sonipat district of Haryana which comes under Delhi NCR. Shri Ajit Kumar, Ex-Indian Administrative Service officer, is the director cum vice chancellor of this institute.
NIFTEM is established at Plot No. 97, Sector 56, Phase IV & V, HSIIDC Industrial Estate Kundli, District Sonipat, Haryana, as an international center of excellence to cater to the needs of various stakeholders such as entrepreneurs, industry, exporters, policy makers, government and existing institution.
Cross Sectoral theme centers would work closely with the other theme centers. These include:
- Management studies /business incubation
- Trade / Knowledge management /Networking
- Packaging and Engineering
- Food standards, Testing and Safety
- Culinary Science
- Food Microbiology
Each theme center would be headed by a Professor known for his expertise in that particular field, have Associate and Assistant Professors assisted by staff (such as research associates, administrative assistants). The theme centers would have visiting faculty members from international institutions or industry to undertake full-time courses. The Head, Professors and visiting faculty in the theme center would be involved in teaching as well as research. They would be chosen on the basis of their expertise, interest, and active research programs in areas pertinent to food science.
Board of Management
|1||Dr. Ajit Kumar, Vice Chancellor, NIFTEM||Chairman|
|2||Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar, Director, IIT Delhi||Member|
|3||Dr. Devi Singh, Director, IIM Lucknow||Member|
|4||Dr. S.N Jha, Acting Director, CIPHET Ludhiana||Member|
|5||Dr. Upadhyay, Dean(Academics), NIFTEM||Member|
|6||Dr. Vijendra Mishra, Dean(Student WeLFARE), NIFTEM||Member|
|7||Dr. Manjeet Aggarwal, Dean(Research), NIFTEM||Member|
|8||Dr. Ashutosh Upadhyay, Associate Professor,NIFTEM||Member|
|9||Shri. Tarun Bajaj, Managing Director,HSIIDC,Panchkula||Member|
|10||Dr.M.V.Rao,President, Agri Biotech Foundation||Member|
|11||Shri Sushil Kumar, Registrar, NIFTEM||Secretary to the Board|
NIFTEM Consultancy Division
NCD has a panel of consultants who are qualified to undertake assignments in:
- Engineering and Technical Services: Grain Processing, Fruits & Vegetable Processing, Bakery Sector,Fish Processing, Dairy Products Processing, Grape and Wine Processing, Quality Control & Quality Standards,Food Testing Laboratory, Cold Chain
- End to End Consultancy Services: Marketing of Food Processing Technologies, Machine/ Equipment
- Designing/ Sourcing, Product Development, Event Management, Investment Promotion including FDIs,
- Legal Issues, Supply Chain Management, Construction and Designing of Food Processing Industrial Units.
- Preparation of DPR for establishing a Food Processing Unit/concept to commissioning service to entrepreneurs for establishing,upgrading, modernizing food processing units.
- Market Research/ Market Survey/ Data Management
- Project Management
- Skill Development and Skill Up gradation in FP Sector
- Up gradation of small and micro enterprises within food processing sector