National Institute of Technology Mizoram
|Motto||Knowledge is the Ultimate Goal|
|Endowment||Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India|
National Institute of Technology Mizoram, also known as NIT Mizoram, or NITMZ, is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India. Located in Aizawl, NIT Mizoram was one of the ten new NITs established by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (part of the Government of India, via order no. F. 23-13-2009-TS-III, dated 30th October 2009 and 3rd March 2010).
The primary objective of NIT Mizoram is to provide education through research and training in undergraduate and graduate programs. The school was declared an "Institute of National Importance" by the Indian Parliament. Students are admitted through the All India Entrance Exam - Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main).
The Institute was established in 2010, with bachelor's programs in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Electrical & Electronics Engineering. Classes began in 2010 at the Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur and shifted to Aizawl in 2011. Classes operate from Dawrkawn, Chaltlang locality of Aizawl. The foundation stone of the NIT Mizoram Lengpui Campus was laid by Kapil Sibal, Minister of Human Resource Development on 13 October 2012. The Department Of Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering programs followed in 2013.
The NIT Mizoram campus was initially planned to be built in Thenzawl by the Chief Minister of Mizoram, Pu Lalthanhawla. It was later moved to a site located near Lengpui Airport, close to Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram. The Institute functions at a temporary campus in Aizawl. It consists of one administrative block and four academic blocks at Chaltlang, three hostel blocks at Tanhril and one hostel block at Durtlang. The permanent campus is located at Lengpui, Aizawl district. The total demarcated land area is 190 acres (77 ha).. The Project proposal for the construction of campus is still under approval from Ministry of Human Resource.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Science.
The National Institute of Technology Mizoram has a vision to provide quality technical education. It aims to produce high level scientists and technocrat.Highest package offered is 17 lac per annum by PGCIL & BPCL respectively.PSU like Bridge and Roof , Bharat Electronic Limited,IOCL,OIL India Limited also recruit students every year. Other private companies like Yodlee,IBM, Cape Gemini, Accenture,L&T Construction, L&T Heavy Engineering, L&T Infotech, Tata Projects, KEC International, Infosys, Amazon, Virtusa,Analytic Quotient, First American, mtatva,Mahindra,Pradan,TCS,Newton Software, Tredence Analytic, Mapple Construction, Hero,Sigmoid,Indian Navy,SKF Bearing,JIO,Wipro,Bajaj,Vedanta ,Reliance Industries and many more visit campus for recruitment.
The Institute organizes three festivals each year: the Morphosis Technical Festival, the Annunad Cultural Festival, and the Shaurya Sports Festival.
- Times News Network (25 June 2011). "Students slam Mizoram NIT for attempting to commence classes sans infrastructure". Times of India. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Chawngte, Lalramliana. "HRD Minister in NIT Mizoram Campus Dinna Tur Lungphum A Phum". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "NIT hmun tur sawn vangin darkar 2 lirthei dang dawn". Vanglaini.org. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Site for NIT in Mizoram finalized". Meghalaya Times. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- [dead link]
- "NIT chungchang Assembly session-a Sawite a dik tâwk lo - NIT Director". Vanglaini.
- "Morphosis2k17 @ NIT Mizoram" (PDF). NIT Mizoram. Retrieved 8 August 2018.