National Institute of Technology Nagaland
|Motto||EDUCATION IS POWER|
|Type||Institute of National Importance under The NIT Act of 2007, Public|
|Chairman||new chairman yet to be appointed|
|Director||Dr. Themrichon Tuithung|
|Location||Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland
|Campus||Approx 400 acres|
|Sports||Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, including all indoor games.|
National Institute of Technology Nagaland (NIT Nagaland)(राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान नागालैंड ) is a higher education technology institute located at Dimapur in Nagaland, India. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India. NIT Nagaland was set up by the Government of India in 2009, as part of the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2007–2012) for imparting technical education in the state of Nagaland. NIT Silchar has provided initial mentorship to NIT Nagaland for the initial two years of its establishment.
The first batch of NIT Nagaland (2010-2014) studied at NIT Silchar for two years and then the NIT Nagaland has shifted to its home state, Nagaland in September 2012. NIT Nagaland is a federally funded technical university established by an Act of the Indian Parliament.
The institute is located at the Old DC Complex at Chumukedima, about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) from Dimapur.
NIT Nagaland is managed by the NIT Nagaland Society registered under the Societies Act. The institute is fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. At present three undergraduate courses in Engineering namely Electronics & instrumentation engineering,Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering , and Computer Science & Engineering and four master course namely Power System Engineering,VLSI Systems,Computer Science and Engineering and integrated MSc course B.S.M.S(Material Science) is running in the Institute.
On October 13, 2012, former Union minister of human resource development, communication and information technology Kapil Sibal inaugurated the NIT Nagaland at Chumukedima. The NIT foundation laying function was attended by chief minister Neiphiu Rio, Lok Sabha member C. L. Ruala, top officials of the state government and the union HRD ministry.
Departments and Centers
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering.
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Department of Science and Humanities.
- Department of Summer Internship OF IT & CSE Branch - LinuxWorld Informatics Pvt. Ltd.
Vision and Mission
- Impart and develop the skills of the students in order to shape them as outstanding professionals with high ethical standards to solve the societal problems.
- Achieve academic excellence through dedication to duty with team spirit, commitment to research, innovation in learning and faith in human values.
- Mould the students with the state-of-the-art technology resources to match the expectations of the industry and society
- Provide intellectually stimulating environment for the development of human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a wide range of professions needed by the nation with emphasis on self-reliance to service and lead the nation.
- Provide scientists and technologists who would be the leaders in research, participate in design, development and technology management in the country to meet global challenges.
To advance knowledge through quality education and research, to cultivate invention improving the human condition and to educate students for a life of professional achievement, service to society and individual fulfillment – moving our world towards a more sustainable path.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Civil engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Power System Engineering
- VLSI Systems
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Communication Engineering
Integrated M.Sc Program
- B.S.M.S(Material Science)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
NIT Nagaland provides separate hostels for boys & girls. The hostels are provided with all the basic facilities a student will need including internet connectivity . All the hostels are provided with high speed internet facility. Adequate bus facility has also been extended for commute of students staying at Hostels.
Presently the Central Library has a collection of more than 7,500 text books and 2500 volumes for the reference section in the area of Engineering, Technology, Basic Sciences, Management, Economics, Social Sciences and Humanities including text books, reference books etc. The Central Library also having 1400+ of e-books on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Civil, Mechanical & Computer Science and other non-book materials such as NPTEL videos, CDs/CD-ROMs, etc. The library also has latest collections of periodicals, magazines and newspapers. The services and operations in the Central Library are fully computerized using Integrated Library Management Software with OPAC and RFID Technology. RFID tagging of entire collections are up to date.
NIT Nagaland is building a Campus Network, Data center, IP Telephony and Wireless Network to enhance the computing facility of the Institute by deploying several dedicated Servers to run various applications which will include following main components:
- Campus networking components - for data, voice & video communication
- Network security
- Servers and storage - for enhancing the computing facilities and protecting the data
The Institute is equipped with sufficient sports facilities for several indoor and outdoor games. Indoor games include Badminton, Table-Tennis, Carom and Chess and outdoor games include cricket, football. In addition works for new football and cricket stadium are currently under process and expected to be ready within a short period of time.
logo of ekarikthin festival
|Type||Student Run, non-Profit Organization|
|Place||chumukedima, dimapur, India|
|Institute||national Institute of Technology Bombay|
Ekarikthin (Techno-cultural fest of NIT Nagaland)
EKARIKTHIN is annual techno-cultural festival of National Institute of Technology Nagaland (NIT). It is an event usually held towards the month of april every year. EKARIKTHIN is a sanskrit word which mean sharing the same heritage. it is three days long event and very attractive. ekarikthin is largest techno- cultural fest of nagaland.It provides a platform to young nurturing,talented youths to show their talents in various culturals and technical events. students from all over the nagaland participate in this event. 
For more details kindly visit [www.ekarikthin.com]
- "Home". dimapur.nic.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Computer Science and Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Civil Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Electrical and Electronics Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Electronics and Communication Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Mechanical Engineering". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Science and Humanities". nitnagaland.ac.in. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- Sibal hopes Nagaland will develop with new IT systems. The Shillong Times (2012-10-14). Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Welcomes you!. NIT Nagaland. Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Team, NITN Tech. "Ekarikthin'17". ekarikthin.com. Retrieved 2017-04-13.