National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze
|National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze|
Theatrical release poster
|Music by||David Berrel|
|Cinematography||Philip D. Schwartz|
|Edited by||Dave O'Brien|
|Distributed by||Showcase Entertainment|
National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze is a 2003 American romantic crime mystery comedy film directed by David and Scott Hillenbrand and written by Patrick Casey and Worm Miller. The film showcases many new and largely then-unknown actors and actresses. In addition to Tatyana Ali, the film also features Patrick Renna, Chris Owen, Marie-Noelle Marquis, and Danielle Fishel.
- Cameron Richardson as Adrienne
- Tony Denman as Newmar
- Boti Bliss as Dominique the Hooker
- Edwin Hodge as Tony
- Patrick Renna as Styles McFee
- James DeBello as Cliff Richards
- Tatyana Ali as Claire
- Marieh Delfino as Gerri Farber
- Danielle Fishel as Marla
- Jennifer Lyons as Lynne
- Courtney Gains as Lorenzo Rozati
- Randy Spelling as Foosball
- Marie-Noelle Marquis as Dominique the Student
- Chris Owen as Booker McFee
- Paul Hansen Kim as Wang
- Patrick Cavanaugh as Pete
- Gable Carr as Rachel
- Worm Miller as Brady the R.A.
Dorm Daze opened in a limited release on September 26, 2003 and earned $27,712 in its opening weekend, ranking number 66 in the domestic box office. At the end of its run, closing on October 17, the film had grossed $56,127. Overseas, in Russia, the film fared slightly better, earning $380,238. Worldwide, the film grossed $436,365.
Dorm Daze has developed a following of adolescent teenagers in the years since its release. In response, an unrated version was eventually released.
A second sequel was produced, but was reworked to be a standalone film before being released as Transylmania on December 4, 2009.