National Library of Jordan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Type||Public, National library.|
|Location||Haroun Al Rasheed St 9, Amman|
|Website||National Library Website|
- 1977: Establishing the Directorate of Libraries and National Documents.
- 1990: The Directorate of Libraries and National Documents was replaced by two new entities:
- Department of the National Library.
- Documentation Center
- 1994: Both the department of the National Library and Documentation Center were merged to be a separate department connected to the Minister of Culture under the name the Department of the National Library.
Department of the National Library tasks
- National intellectual product preservation.
- Collecting intellectual product mainly related to the National Jordanian Heritage. Other intellectual product area of interest: Arab World, Arabic & Islamic civilization, and Human Heritage in general.
- Preserving documents from different public institutions, documents relevant to Jordan in addition to private documents.
- Providing depository services.
- Issuing the Jordanian National Bibliography.
- Publishing and facilitating material related to libraries' work.
- Coordinating the work of public libraries.
- Allowing access to researchers.
- Mutual lending with other national, regional & international libraries.
- Organizing different cultural events.
- Exchanging & gifting materials.
- Cooperation with international entities in relation to library services.
|This article relating to library science or information science is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|