National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Act 2003
|Long title||An Act to make provision enabling an enforcement notice under section 19 of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998 to impose a requirement under subsection (2) of that section in relation to a person, whether or not a requirement under subsection (1) of that section is, or may be, imposed in relation to that or any other person; and to limit the pay reference periods in respect of which a requirement under subsection (2) of that section may be imposed.|
|Citation||2003 c 8|
|Royal assent||8 May 2003|
|Commencement||8 July 2003|
|Text of statute as originally enacted|
|Revised text of statute as amended|
Section 1 - Enforcement notices
This section inserted sections 19(2A) and (2B) of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998.
Section 2 - Short title, commencement and extent
Section 2(2) provided that the Act came into force at the end of the period of two months that began on the date on which it was passed. The word "months" means calendar months. The day (that is to say, 8 May 2003) on which the Act was passed (that is to say, received royal assent) is included in the period of two months. This means that the Act came into force on 8 July 2003.
Section 2(4) was excluded by section 3A(5) of the Agricultural Wages (Scotland) Act 1949 (as inserted by regulation 2 of the Agricultural Wages (Scotland) Act 1949 Amendment Regulations 2003) (SSI 2003/283)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2012)|
- The citation of this Act by this short title is authorised by section 2(1) of this Act.
- The National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Act 2003, section 2(2)
- The Employment Act 2008 (Commencement No. 2, Transitional Provisions and Savings) Order 2009 (SI 2009/603) (C 41), article 2
- The Interpretation Act 1978, section 5 and Schedule 1
- Hare v Gocher  2 QB 641,  2 All ER 673; Trow v Ind Coope (West Midlands) Ltd  2 QB 899 at 909,  2 All ER 900, CA.
- The National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Act 2003, as amended from the National Archives.
- The National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Act 2003, as originally enacted from the National Archives.
- Explanatory notes to the National Minimum Wage (Enforcement Notices) Act 2003.
|This legislation in the United Kingdom, or its constituent jurisdictions article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|