National Museum of Montenegro
The museum is divided into five departments:
- Historical Museum of Montenegro
- Ethnographic Museum of Montenegro
- Artistic Museum of Montenegro
- King Nikola's Palace
- Biljarda (Museum of Petar II Petrovic Njegos)
The museum possesses the Oktoih Prvoglasnik, a significant printed work from the late 15th century. It also host the original icon of Our Lady of Philermos, which had been in the possession of the Order of St. John since the Crusades. The icon was removed from the St. John's Co-Cathedral in Valletta by Grand Master Ferdinand von Hompesch zu Bolheim when the Order was expelled from Malta by the French in 1798.
- de Giorgio, Cynthia (2007). St John's Co-Cathedral – Valletta. Santa Venera: Heritage Books (a subsidiary of Midsea Books Ltd). ISBN 9789993271710.
- National Museum of Montenegro website
- Njegoskij|org :: "The Montenegrin Ministry of Culture publishes the electronic edition of its 2007 National Museum Guidebook"