National Orgasm Day
|National Orgasm Day|
|Official name||National Orgasm Day|
|Related to||International Female Orgasm Day Global Orgasm Day|
The National Orgasm Day is a celebration that celebrates sexual climax and raises awareness for issues surrounding sexual climax. It is typically celebrated on August 2 in places such as the United Kingdom, Australia, United States, the Netherlands , Germany and Canada. National Orgasm Day is an off-shoot of International Female Orgasm Day (August 8).
International Female Orgasm Day
International Female Orgasm Day was first celebrated on August 5th, 2007 in Esperantina, Brazil. It was created by the Councilman Arimateio Dantas when he passed a municipal law establishing the holiday in order to raise awareness for female sexuality and reduce stigma and taboo surrounding it, as well as repaying a "sexual debt" to his wife. In addition to the holiday, several events were held in the town for the discussion of these usually taboo topics, with support from local and international communities and the local church.
Participants often celebrate National Orgasm Day by:
- Raising awareness for what orgasms are and how to have one (especially aimed toward women due to social stigma surrounding the female orgasm),
- Raising awareness for the health benefits of orgasms,
- Raising awareness for the "orgasm gap",
- Spreading discussion surrounding the practice of faking an orgasm,
- Magnanti, Brooke (July 31, 2013). "We need to stop the endless focus on orgasms...and then maybe we'll have more of them". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- Weiss, Suzannah (July 29, 2016). "8 Fun Facts About Orgasms for National Orgasm Day". Glamour. Condé Nast. Retrieved April 6, 2017.
- Brooks, Rob (July 31, 2013). "Happy National Orgasm Day". The Conversation. The Conversation Trust. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- Smith, Brittany. "It's National Orgasm Day!". Muscle & Fitness. American Media, Inc. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- "International Female Orgasm Day (12 Aug)". RABAAH PUBLISHERS : Independent UK Publisher. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing". The Independent. 2015-07-31. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Brooks, Rob. "Happy National Orgasm Day". The Conversation. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "Give Us an O! All About Orgasm Day (and Why it Matters)". hims. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- Favero, Daniel (9 May 2014). "Autor do Dia do Orgasmo luta para manter data viva no PI". Terra (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 2020-07-29. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "Happy International Day of the Female Orgasm, Y'all!". hers. Retrieved 2020-03-18.