National Prize for Exact Sciences (Chile)
|National Prize for Exact Sciences|
|For the scientist whose work in the respective field of knowledge makes him worthy of said distinction|
|Sponsored by||Ministry of Education|
The National Prize for Exact Sciences (Spanish: Premio Nacional de Ciencias Exactas) was created in 1992 as one of the replacements for the National Prize for Sciences under Law 19169. The other two prizes in this same area are for Natural Sciences and Applied Sciences and Technologies.
It is part of the National Prize of Chile.
The jury is made up of the Minister of Education, who calls it, the Rector of the University of Chile, the President of the Chilean Academy of Sciences, a representative of the Council of Rectors, and the last recipient of the prize.
- 1993, Servet Martínez and Eric Goles (mathematics)
- 1995, Claudio Bunster (physics)
- 1997, María Teresa Ruiz (astronomy)
- 1999, José Maza Sancho (astronomy)
- 2001, Fernando Lund Plantat (physics)
- 2003, Carlos Conca (mathematics)
- 2005, Rafael Benguria (physics)
- 2007, Miguel Kiwi (physics)
- 2009, Ricardo Baeza Rodríguez (mathematics)
- 2011, Patricio Felmer (mathematics)
- 2013, Manuel del Pino (mathematics)
- 2015, Mario Hamuy (astronomy)
- 2017, Guido Garay Brignardello (astronomy)
- "Ley 19169: Establece normas sobre otorgamiento de Premios Nacionales" [Law 19169: Establishes Rules on Granting National Prizes] (in Spanish). Ministry of Education. 26 September 1992. Retrieved 8 December 2017 – via Library of the National Congress of Chile.
- "Claudio Bunster Weitzmann" (in Spanish). University of Chile. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- López, Nancy (26 March 2017). "María Teresa Ruiz, Premio Nacional de Ciencias Exactas, recibe el galardón de Women in Science 2017" [María Teresa Ruiz, National Prize for Exact Sciences Winner, Receives the 2017 Women in Science Award]. La Izquierda Diario (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Carlos Conca Rosende" (in Spanish). University of Chile. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Miembro de Excelencia: Ricardo Baeza será distinguido por la American Mathematical Society" [Member of Excellence: Ricardo Baeza To Be Recognized by the American Mathematical Society] (in Spanish). University of Talca. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Mario Hamuy, astrónomo de la U. de Chile ganó Premio Nacional de Ciencias Exactas 2015" [Mario Hamuy, Astronomer of the U. of Chile Wins 2015 National Prize for Exact Sciences]. El Mostrador (in Spanish). 29 August 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Guido Garay recibe el Premio Nacional de Ciencias Exactas 2017" [Guido Garay Receives the 2017 National Prize for Exact Sciences]. El Mercurio (in Spanish). Santiago. 24 August 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2017.