|Awarded by |
Government of Bangladesh
National Professor (Bengali: জাতীয় অধ্যাপক) is a prestigious teaching award given by the Government of Bangladesh for outstanding contribution on the field of education. It is awarded by the president of Bangladesh according to Bangladesh National Professor Resolution (appointment, conditions and facilities) 1981. The awarded persons receive various facilities from the government.
- They will receive a fixed amount of salary through the University Grants Commission.
- They will be able to do any educational/research work in with any research organisation/institute in their choice.
- They will receive all the facilities from the respected organisations/institutes.
- They will be able to join any foreign university as visiting professor.
- They will not be able to take any salary from any other organisations/institutes except the government.
- They will not be treated as government officers.
List of National Professors
- "4 become national professors". The Daily Star. BSS. 2006-02-03.
- "Order about National Professor" (in Bengali). Ministry of Education (Bangladesh). 2011-06-15.
- Rahman, Siddique Mahmudur (2012). "Ibrahim, Mohammad". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Bangladesh Academy of Sciences condoles the death of National Professor Dr. M. Innas Ali". Bangladesh Academy of Sciences. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- "Kabir Chowdhury Passes Away". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. 2011-12-13. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "4 become national professors". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. 2006-02-03. Archived from the original on 2012-10-23.
- "Government appoints five national professors". New Age. Bangladesh. 2011-06-20. Archived from the original on 2013-01-29.
- "3 educationists become national professors". The Daily Star. 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
|This Bangladesh-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|