National Public School, Rajajinagar
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|National Public School, Rajajinagar|
|Motto||'Reach Out, Reach High, Reach Beyond|
|Chairman||K. P. Gopalkrishna|
|Sr. Principal||Santhamma Gopalkrishna|
|Vice-Principal||Mrs. Mini Jayan|
National Public School (or NPS-RNR or NPS-R) is a school located in Bangalore, India, and established in 1959  by K. P. Gopalkrishna. Its main campus is located on Chord Road, 5th block, Rajajinagar. The campus comprises four buildings which house the classrooms, labs and auditorium.
The school is one of the few schools in India given full autonomy by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Classes generally consist of 30–40 children, and the total student strength is 1800. In September 2016, CBSE withdrew its affiliation to the school after it was accused of forging minority certificates for granting admissions under the RTE Act. In the same month, the Karnataka High Court granted a stay order on the disaffiliation of the school and restored full affiliation.
It is one of only two schools in the country to have been granted full autonomy by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Many students have made it to Indian Institutes of Technology, Birla Institute of Technology and Science-Pilani, National Institutes of Technology, NLSIU and AIIMS, and many have later made it to universities such as MIT, Stanford University, University of Oxford, University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University, London School of Economics, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore . NPS has traditionally done well at the International Brain Bee Competition.
Students are divided among four houses: Phoenix (blue), Centaur (red), Pegasus (yellow), and Orion (green). Two trophies are awarded at the end of the year to the winning house. One is based on the performance of the house in athletics referred to as the Sports Cup, while the second is based upon the house members' performance in the clubs (Theater, Science, Math, Quiz, Computers, Eco, Ekta (Integrity and Health)).
The school possesses an auditorium. Inside the auditorium is a concrete badminton court. Table tennis is also played there.
The school has a science laboratory, and a computer laboratory with computing facilities for over eighty students apart from an Audio Visual room, Smartboard room and a resource room.
The Physical Education department is responsible for the enforcement of health and safety regulations in the school campus. First aid is administered for minor maladies; for major medical problems the student is transferred to hospital by ambulance.
Volleyball, basketball, football and throw-ball are the only permitted outdoor sports, along with badminton, handball and annual races.
The school organizes a bi-annual inter-school competition. The competition, known as Napsonic, involves teams from only the sister schools competing to win prizes for events. To ensure fair play, the students of National Public School, Rajajinagar do not participate in the fests that the school usually sponsors.
There are sports events conducted for classes 1 to 12 and kindergarten, in which the winners enjoy a crown-wearing ceremony, witnessed by the participating section.
- National Public School, Banashankari
- National Public School, Koramangala
- National Public School, Indiranagar
- National Public School, Chennai
- National Academy For Learning
- The International School Bangalore
- National Public School, Yeswantpur
- National Public School, Kengeri
- National Public School, Mysore
- National Public School, Agara, Kanakapura Road off Nice Road
- National Public School, Chikkabanavara
- Ashwini Nachappa, international athlete from Karnataka
- D. K. Shivakumar, Congress leader from Karnataka
- Vivek Subramanyam, Founder and Managing Director, Technology Holdings, UK
- National Public School Official Website. "Other Branches."
- National Public School, Rajajinagar Student Strength
- Ramani, Chitra V (6 September 2016). "CBSE withdraws affiliation of six NPS institutions". The Hindu. Bengaluru. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "HC stays disaffiliation of NPS Group of institutions". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- National Public School
- " National Public School
- National Public School
- The Hindu: News Report of Graduation Day
- NPS Rajajinagar Kindergarten Sports Day