National Register of Historic Places listings in Abbeville County, South Carolina
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Abbeville County, South Carolina.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Abbeville County, South Carolina. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Abbeville County Courthouse||
|2||Abbeville Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by the former Seaboard Coast Line tracks, South Carolina Highway 72, Rickey, Haight, Hemphill, and Haigler Sts.; also roughly east of Magazine St., south of Whitehall St., northwest along Long Branch St., west of Lemon St., and north along Washington St.; also roughly west along N. Main St. from Haigler to Livingston Sts., north along Greenville St., and northeast on Marshall Ct.
||Abbeville||Second and third sets of boundaries represent a boundary decrease of September 14, 1972 and a boundary increase of May 7, 1984 respectively|
|3||Abbeville Opera House||
|4||Armistead Burt House||
|306 N. Main St.
|5||Patrick Calhoun Family Cemetery||
|9.5 miles southwest of Abbeville on SC 823
|6||Cedar Springs Historic District||
|South Carolina Highways 33, 47, and 112
|7||Donalds Grange No. 497||
|South Carolina Highway 184
|8||Erskine College-Due West Historic District||
|Main, Church, College, Bonner, Hayne, Washington, Cleveland, Depot, and Abbeville Sts.
|9||Harbison College President's Home||
|North of Abbeville on South Carolina Highway 20
|Lindsay Cemetery Rd.
|11||Trinity Episcopal Church and Cemetery||
|12||Upper Long Cane Cemetery||
|Greenville St. (South Carolina Highway 20 North) at junction with Beltline Rd. (SC Sec Rd 1-35)
|South Carolina Highway 185
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Abbeville County, South Carolina.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 28, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.