National Register of Historic Places listings in Accomack County, Virginia
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Accomack County, Virginia. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Accomac Historic District||
|Business Rte. 13
|Seaside Rd./VA 679
|S of Chincoteague at S end of Assateague Island
|23321 Courthouse Avenue
|5||Edmund Bayly House||
|SE of jct. of Rtes. 652 and 13
|31181 Drummondtown Rd.
|8||Central High School||
|32308 Lankford Hwy.
|13 Market St.
|11||Captain Timothy Hill House||
|5122 Main St.
|19065 Hills Farm Rd.
|13||Hopkins and Brother Store||
||Onancock||Est. 1842, served as bank and community meeting place; in 1970 deeded to Assoc. for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities|
|NE corner of Crockett Ave. and Market St.
||Onancock||Built 1799-1802 by John Shepard Ker in Federal architecture style; originally called Ker's Place; Virginia Historic Landmark; now a museum and headquarters of Eastern Shore of Virginia Historical Society|
|N of Guilford off VA 658
|16||Onancock Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Joynes Branch, Onancock Cr. and Lake, Kerr, Jackson, Market, Justice, Johnson and Holly Sts.
|6 mi. W of New Church on VA 709
|7492 Monument Rd., Virginia 699
||Sanford||Now known as Makemie Monument Park|
|19||Scarborough House Archaeological Site (44AC4)||
||Davis Wharf||Site of the estate house of Edmund Scarborough|
|W of Pungoteague
|21||St. George's Church||
|VA 178, NE of jct. with VA 180
|22||St. James Church||
|Daugherty Rd. between Back St. and Ocean Hwy.
|23||Tangier Island Historic District||
|most of Tangier Island
|24||Wessells Root Cellar||
|NE of jct. of Rtes. 701 and 692
|0.7 mi. NE of jct. of VA 762 and 679
|18412 Willowdale Dr.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||E of Horntown on VA 679
||Horntown vicinity||Destroyed by fire in 2000|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Accomack County, Virginia.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 2, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- When photographed in December 2014, the front (west-southwest) door bore the number "23321", with a sign for "Eastern Shore Bail Bonds"; a Facebook page for Eastern Shore Bail Bonds gives its address as 23321 Courthouse Avenue.