National Register of Historic Places listings in Amherst County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Amherst County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Amherst County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 28 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bear Mountain Indian Mission School||
|Southwestern corner of the junction of Kenmore and Indian Mission Rds.
|854 Fletcher's Level Rd.
|3||Brightwells Mill Complex||
|586 Brightwells Mill Rd.
|4||Clifford-New Glasgow Historic District||
|State Route 151 and Fletchers Level Rd.
|550 U.S. Route 60
|1380 Edgehill Plantation Rd.
|591 Puppy Creek Rd.
|138 Garland Ave.
|9||Elon Village Library||
|Corner of Camden and Younger Drs.
|2416 Lowesville Rd.
|713 Indian Creek Rd.
|12||Fort Riverview (44AH91 and 44AH195)||
|13||Galt's Mill Complex||
|1133 Galt's Mill Rd.
|156 State Route 151
|142 Leftwich Rd.
|0.25 miles (0.40 km) south of the junction of Woodson and Lowesville Rds.
|369 Kenmore Rd.
|19||Macedonia Methodist Church||
|1408 Coffeytown Rd.
|20||Mountain View Farm||
|2229 N. U.S. Route 29
|21||Norfolk Southern Six Mile Bridge No. 58||
|Over the James River west of the junction of Mt. Athos Rd. and the Norfolk Southern Railroad tracks
|155 Winridge Dr.
|23||Red Hill Farm||
|West of Pedlar Mills on Minors Branch Rd.
|24||Speed the Plough||
|389 Fair Lea Ln.
|25||Sweet Briar College Historic District||
|Sweet Briar Dr., 0.5 miles west of U.S. Route 29
|26||Sweet Briar House||
|Southwest of the junction of U.S. Route 29 and Sweet Briar Rd.
|2077 N. U.S. Route 29
|West of State Route 151
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||Junction of VA 151 and VA 674
||Amherst||Destroyed by fire|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Amherst County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.