National Register of Historic Places listings in Arkansas County, Arkansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Arkansas County, Arkansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Arkansas County, Arkansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 25 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||A.M. Bohnert Rice Plantation Pump #2 Engine||
|Southeast corner of U.S. Route 165 and Post Bayou Lane
|2||Arkansas County Courthouse-Northern District||
|Southwestern corner of the junction of E. 3rd and S. College Sts.
|3||Arkansas County Courthouse-Southern District||
|4||Arkansas Post National Memorial||
|8 miles (13 km) southeast of Gillett on Highways 1 and 169
|5||L.A. Black Rice Milling Association Inc. Office||
|508 S. Monroe St.
|6||Crocketts Bluff Hunting Lodge||
|End of a dirt road north of the point at which Highway 153 turns south
|7||DeWitt Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by N. Washington, 2nd St., S. Adams and Gibson Ave.
|8||DeWitt Post Office||
|221 W. Cross St.
|9||First United Methodist Church||
|Junction of Jefferson and Cross Sts.
|300 W. Halliburton St.
|11||Immanuel High School-AR0280||
|68 Immanuel Rd.
|12||Maxwell Street Bridge||
|Maxwell St., east of Jefferson St.
|13||Menard-Hodges Mounds (3AR4)||
|Southern corner of the irregular Section 2303, Township 8 South, Range 2 West
||Nady||Now owned by the National Park Service and administered as part of the Arkansas Post National Memorial.|
|14||North Jackson Street Bridge||
|North Jackson St., over Holt Branch
|15||North Washington Street Bridge||
|N. Washington St. over Holt Branch
|16||Old Arkansas 11, Kauffman Road Segment||
|17||Old Gillett Jail||
|207 Main St.
|3rd and Main Sts.
|20||St. Charles Battle Monument||
|Junction of Arkansas St. and Broadway
|21||St. Charles Battle Site||
|Junction of Highway 1 and the White River
||St. Charles||Site of the Civil War Battle of Saint Charles.|
|22||Standard Ice Company Building||
|517 S. Main St.
|23||Stuttgart Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by 1st St., College St., 6th St., and Maple St.
|24||Tichnor Rice Dryer and Storage Building||
|1030 Highway 44
|25||US Post Office-Stuttgart||
|302 S. Maple
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Arkansas County, Arkansas.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Arkansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Arkansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Phillips, Philip, et al. Archaeological Survey in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley 1940-1947. Reprint ed. Tuscaloosa: U of Alabama P, 2003, 54.