National Register of Historic Places listings in Attala County, Mississippi
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Attala County, Mississippi.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Attala County, Mississippi, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Col. Chap Anderson House||February 26, 1987
|402 N. Jackson St.
|2||Attala County Courthouse and Confederate Monument||November 17, 1997
|230 W. Washington St.
|3||George Washington Brett House||July 8, 2010
|3021 Attala Rd. 3220
|4||David L. Brown House||December 2, 1977
|200 E. Washington St.
|5||Col. J.K. Coffey House||February 8, 1979
|East of Sallis off Mississippi Highway 12
|6||Jackson-Browne House||February 5, 1987
|107 N. Wells St.
|7||Jackson-Niles House||September 27, 1984
|121 N. Wells St.
|8||Johnson-Sullivant House||June 26, 1986
|709 S. Wells St.
|9||John Kimbrough Hall House||March 5, 1998
|5 miles north-northwest of Ethel
|10||Kosciusko Historic District||March 31, 2009
|Roughly bounded by the Illinois, N. Wells, S. Natchez, Galloway, Bobo, S. Huntington, Jefferson St., and Highland Dr.
|11||John Copeland Lucas House||June 24, 1993
|500 N. Huntington St.
|12||Niles House||March 11, 1998
|401 N. Huntington St.
|13||Judge Henry C. Niles House||May 6, 1993
|305 N. Huntington St.
|14||Old First Presbyterian Church||July 10, 1992
|Junction of Huntington and Washington Sts.
|15||Old Natchez Trace (212-3K 213-3K)||November 7, 1976
|Northeast of Kosciusko
|16||Shrock House||December 10, 1985
|17||Storer House||July 25, 2003
|300 N. Huntington St.
|18||Thompson School||June 24, 1994
|Ethel-McCool Rd., east of Ethel
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Attala County, Mississippi.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Mississippi
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Mississippi
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.