National Register of Historic Places listings in Bedford County, Virginia
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Bedford County, Virginia. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|413 Avenel Ave.
|2||John D. Ballard House||
|525 Longwood Ave.
|3||Bedford Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Longwood, Bedford, and Mountain Aves., Peaks, Oak, Grove, and Washington Sts.
|4||Bedford Historic Meetinghouse||
|153 W. Main St.
|VA 643, 1 mi. E of Goode
|6||Bellevue Rural Historic District||
|7||Big Otter Mill||
|8||Brook Hill Farm||
|0.75 mi. S of jct. of US 221 and VA 643
|520 Peaks St.
|10||Cifax Rural Historic District||
|Jct. of VA 644 and VA 643 and surrounding valley area
|11||Bowling Eldridge House||
|1651 Fox Hill Rd.
|NW of Forest on VA 663
|13||Elks National Home||
|931 Ashland Ave.
|On VA 43, N of jct. with VA 682
|NW of Lynchburg off VA 761
|12000 E. Lynchburg Salem Turnpike
|US 460 W of jct. with VA 695
|Jct. of VA 630 and VA 631
|19||New London Academy||
|Near jct. of VA 297 and VA 211
|20||New Prospect Church||
|4445 Sheep Creek Rd.
|S of Perrowville on VA 663
|22||Olive Branch Missionary Baptist Church||
|5982 Joppa Mill Rd.
|Big Island Rd.
|5050 Bellevue Rd.
|S of jct. of Rtes. 661 and 460
|US 221 N side, 2000 ft. E of jct. with VA 811
|27||Saint Stephen's Episcopal Church||
|28||Thomas Methodist Episcopal Chapel||
|VA 684, Penicks Mill Rd.
|W of jct. of Rte. 838 and VA 43
|30||Twin Oaks Farm||
|NE of Forest off VA 609
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Bedford County, Virginia.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 15, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- Staff (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.