National Register of Historic Places listings in Bedford County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Bedford County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Bedford County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 31 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|413 Avenel Ave.
|2||John D. Ballard House||
|525 Longwood Ave.
|3||Bedford Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Longwood, Bedford, and Mountain Aves. and Peaks, Oak, Grove, and Washington Sts.
|4||Bedford Historic Meetinghouse||
|153 W. Main St.
|Bellevue Rd., 1 mile (1.6 km) east of Goode
|6||Bellevue Rural Historic District||
|7||Big Otter Mill||
|State Route 122
|8||Brook Hill Farm||
|0.75 miles (1.21 km) south of the junction of U.S. Route 221 and Bellevue Rd.
|520 Peaks St.
|10||Cifax Rural Historic District||
|Junction of Otterville and Old Cifax Rds., and the surrounding valley area
|11||Bowling Eldridge House||
|1651 Fox Hill Rd.
|Northwest of Forest on Perrowville Rd.
|13||Elks National Home||
|931 Ashland Ave.
|On State Route 43, north of its junction with Kelso Mill Rd.
|Northwest of Lynchburg off Abert Rd.
|12000 E. U.S. Route 460
|U.S. Route 460, west of its junction with Goose Creek Valley Rd.
|Junction of Chellis Ford and Mt. Airy Rds.
|19||New London Academy||
|Near the junction of U.S. Route 460 and New London Rd.
|20||New Prospect Church||
|4445 Sheep Creek Rd.
|South of Perrowville on Perrowville Rd.
|22||Olive Branch Missionary Baptist Church||
|5982 Joppa Mill Rd.
|Big Island Rd.
|5050 Bellevue Rd.
|1542 Bateman Bridge Rd.
|Northern side of U.S. Route 221, 2,000 feet (610 m) east of its junction with Thomas Jefferson Rd.
|27||Saint Stephen's Episcopal Church||
|28||Thomas Methodist Episcopal Chapel||
|Penicks Mill Rd.
|West of the junction of State Route 43 and Three Otters Rd.
|30||Twin Oaks Farm||
|Sheep Creek Rd.
||Peaks of Otter|
|Northeast of Forest off Gumtree Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Bedford County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.