National Register of Historic Places listings in Berrien County, Michigan
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Berrien County, Michigan.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Berrien County, Michigan, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 30 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Avery Road-Galien River Bridge||
|Avery Rd. over the Galien River
|2||Berrien Springs Courthouse||
|Corner of Union and Cass Sts.
|M-63 over the St. Joseph River
|4||Buchanan Downtown Historic District||
|Front Street, between 117 West and 256 East; parts of Main Street, between 108 and 210-212; and 114 N. Oak Street
|5||Buchanan North and West Neighborhoods Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Main, 4th, Chippewa, W. Front, S. Detroit, Chicago, Clark, Roe, and Charles Sts.
|6||Henry A. Chapin House||
|508 E. Main St.
|7||Rock S. Edwards Farmstead||
|3503 Edwards Rd.
|162 Pipestone St.
|9||Fort St. Joseph Site||
|Bond St. along the St. Joseph River
|15251 Lakeshore Rd.
|11||Ring Lardner House||
|519 Bond St.
|12||Mary's City of David||
|1158 E. Britain Ave.
||Benton Charter Township|
|13||Moccasin Bluff Site||
|14||Niles Downtown Historic District||
|Sycamore, Main, and Cedar between Front and 5th
|15||Niles Railroad Depot||
|598 Dey St.
|16||Ninth District Lighthouse Depot||
|128 N. Pier
|17||North Watervliet Road-Paw Paw Lake Outlet Bridge||
|N. Watervliet Rd. over Paw Paw Lake outlet
|18||Old Berrien County Courthouse Complex||
|Roughly bounded by Cass, Kimmel, Madison, and Union Sts.
|19||Old US Post Office||
|322 E. Main St.
|1008 Oak St.
|21||Wendell P. and Harriet Rounds Robbins House||
|680 Pipestone St.
|1055 E. Britain Rd.
|24||Snow Flake Motel||
|3822 Red Arrow Highway
||Lincoln Township||Building demolished March 27, 2006|
|25||South Berrien Center Union Church and Cemetery||
|26||St. Joseph North Pier Inner and Outer Lights||
|On the north pier of the mouth of the St. Joseph River, 0.9 mi (1.4 km) west of the M-63 bridge
|114 E. Front St.
|28||Union Meat Market||
|14 S. Elm St.
|29||Warren Featherbone Company Office Building||
|3 N. Elm St.
|30||Zinc Collar Pad Company Building||
|304 S. Oak St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Berrien County, Michigan.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Michigan
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Michigan
- List of Michigan State Historic Sites in Berrien County, Michigan
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 26, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- Staff (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Nassaney, Michael S., et al. "The Search for Fort St. Joseph (1691-1781) in Niles, Michigan". Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology 28.2 (2003): 107-144: 122.
- "Demolition of Snowflake Motel begins". The Herald-Palladium. 2006-03-28. p. A1. Retrieved 2012-11-20.