National Register of Historic Places listings in Big Horn County, Wyoming
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Big Horn County, Wyoming.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Big Horn County, Wyoming, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, 1 of which is a National Historic Landmark.
|Albany - Big Horn - Campbell - Carbon - Converse - Crook - Fremont - Goshen - Hot Springs - Johnson - Laramie - Lincoln - Natrona - Niobrara - Park - Platte - Sheridan - Sublette - Sweetwater - Teton - Uinta - Washakie - Weston|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Big Horn County, Wyoming.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Wyoming
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Wyoming
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 14, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Finley, Judson B., et al. "Rockshelter Archaeology and Geoarchaeology in the Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming". Plains Anthropologist 50.195 (2005): 227-248: 228.
- Grinnell, George Bird. "The Medicine Wheel". American Anthropologist 24.3 (1922): 299-310: 304.