National Register of Historic Places listings in Bristol, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Bristol, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in the independent city of Bristol, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the city.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Description|
|1||Bristol Commercial Historic District||May 22, 2003
|Roughly along State, Piedmont, Moore, Shelby, Bank, Progress, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Sts.; also 40-115 Piedmont Ave.
||Second set of addresses represents a boundary increase approved September 18, 2017.|
|2||Bristol Railroad Station||November 28, 1980
|State and Washington Sts.
|3||Bristol Virginia-Tennessee Slogan Sign||September 8, 1988
|E. State St.
|4||Bristol Warehouse Historic District||May 9, 2012
|Scott and Lee Sts.
|5||Douglass School||February 2, 2005
|711 Oakview Ave.
|6||East Hill Cemetery||March 28, 2011
|E. State St. at Georgia Ave.
||American Civil War-era cemetery with sections for Confederate soldiers and veterans as well as a small section for African American burials. Extends into Sullivan County, Tennessee|
|7||Euclid Avenue Historic District||May 10, 2006
|Along sections of Arlington, Euclid, Fairmount, Glenway, Highland, Lawrence, and Piedmont Aves., and Chester, Grove, and Lindsey
|8||First Baptist Church||December 15, 2015
|1 Virginia St.
|9||King-Lancaster-McCoy-Mitchell House||July 29, 1994
|54 King St.
|10||Solar Hill Historic District||July 5, 2001
|Roughly along Johnson, Solar, West, King, Cumberland, and Sycamore Sts.
|11||Virginia High School||February 21, 1997
|501 Piedmont Ave.
|12||Virginia Hill Historic District||November 27, 2002
|Sections of Moore, Lee, Russell, Clinton, Spencer, W. Mary, and Buchanan Sts.
|13||Virginia Intermont College||October 4, 1984
|Moore and Harmeling Sts.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Bristol, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 7, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "East Hill Cemetery Brochure" (PDF). Bristol, Tennessee: Bristol Historical Association. Retrieved April 14, 2011.