National Register of Historic Places listings in Burnett County, Wisconsin
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Burnett County, Wisconsin. It is intended to provide a comprehensive listing of entries in the National Register of Historic Places that are located in Burnett County, Wisconsin. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below may be seen in a map.
There are 9 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Altern Site||March 31, 1980
||Hertel||A group of well-preserved circular and linear mounds constructed from Middle Woodland to historic times.|
|2||Burnett County Abstract Company||May 7, 1980
|214 N. Oak St.
||Grantsburg||1907 building that housed the Burnett County Abstract Company which performed title searches, facilitating transfers of real estate in the county. The Burnett County courthouse was located across the street until the county seat was moved to Siren.|
|3||Daniels Town Hall||December 20, 2006
|9602 WI 70
||Daniels||Swedish Lutherans built this church at Mud Hen Lake in 1886, but the congregation moved in 1893. The building has been the Daniels Town Hall ever since.|
|4||Ebert Mound Group (47Bt28)||July 9, 1982
|5||Fickle Site (47BT25)||January 26, 1990
|6||Jacobson House and Mill Site||April 22, 1980
|E of Grantsburg on SR M
||Grantsburg||Clapboard, side-gabled house built in 1873.|
|7||Northwest and XY Company Trading Post Sites||February 15, 1974
|N of Webster on County U
||Webster||Site of competing British fur trading posts of North West Company and XY Company from 1802 to 1805, now reconstructed at Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park.|
|8||Sandrock Cliffs||May 1, 1990
||Grantsburg||Remnants of the retreating Cambrian sea left deep sandstone which was carved by glacial meltwater, revealing cliffs revered by indigenous people.|
|9||Yellow River Swamp Site 47-Bt-36||February 28, 1985
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Wisconsin
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Wisconsin
- The latitude and longitude information provided is primarily from the National Register Information System, and has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For 1%, the location info may be way off. We seek to correct the coordinate information wherever it is found to be erroneous. Please leave a note in the Discussion page for this article if you believe any specific location is incorrect.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "3 more added to historic list". The Milwaukee Journal. 1980-04-27. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- Jappe, Nancy (2006-04-05). "Future of Historic Town Hall in Question" (PDF). Inter-County Leader. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-11-03.
- "John P. Jacobson House". Architecture and History Inventory. Wisconsin Historical Society. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Northwest and XY Company Trading Post Sites". Wisconsin Historical Society. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park". Burnett County Historical Society. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Burnett County, Wisconsin.|