National Register of Historic Places listings in Callaway County, Missouri
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Callaway County, Missouri.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Callaway County, Missouri, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||M. Fred Bell Rental Cottage||July 10, 1997
|302 E. Fifth St.||Fulton|
|2||M. Fred Bell Speculative Cottage||June 30, 1995
|304 E. Fifth St.||Fulton|
|3||Brandon-Bell-Collier House||December 24, 1998
|207 W. Ninth St.||Fulton|
|4||George Washington Carver School||December 2, 1996
|5||Cote Sans Dessein Archeological Site||May 27, 1971
|6||Court Street Historic Residential District||August 15, 2007
|Roughly along Court St. between St. Louis and 10th Sts.||Fulton|
|7||Downtown Fulton Historic District||July 7, 2004
|Roughly bounded by 4th St., Market, 7th St. and Jefferson Ave.||Fulton|
|8||John Augustus Hockaday House||September 17, 1980
|105 Hockaday Ave.||Fulton|
|9||Mealy Mounds Archeological Site||January 25, 1971
|10||Moore's Mill Battlefield||May 4, 2015
|Along Auxvasse Creek||Calwood||Site of the Civil War Battle of Moore's Mill. Battle site is listed as "Address Restricted"; geolocator is for historical marker.|
|11||Oakley Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church||December 17, 2008
|County Road 485 at the County Road 486 junction||Tebbetts|
|12||Pitcher Store||March 12, 2001
|8513 Pitcher Rd.||Fulton|
|13||Research Cave||October 15, 1966
|Northwestern corner of section 30, Township 46 North, Range 7 West||Portland|
|14||Richland Christian Church||February 16, 2001
|5301 Callaway Cty. Rd. 220||Kingdom City|
|15||Robnett-Payne House||September 17, 1998
|223 East Fifth St.||Fulton|
|16||Westminster College Gymnasium||May 23, 1968
|Westminster College campus||Fulton||Winston Churchill warned here of an "iron curtain" descending|
|17||Westminster College Historic District||April 12, 1982
|Off Westminster Ave.||Fulton|
|18||White Cloud Presbyterian Church and Cemetery||October 12, 2010
|South side of Missouri Route F at intersection with County Road 232||Fulton|
|19||Dr. George M. Willing House||October 3, 1980
|211 Jefferson St.||Fulton|
|20||Winston Churchill Memorial||March 16, 1972
|7th St. and Westminster Ave.||Fulton|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Missouri
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Missouri
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Callaway County, Missouri.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 14, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Callaway County Civil War Tour brochure" (PDF). Kingdom of Callaway Civil War Heritage. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Shippee, J.M. "The Archaeology of Arnold-Research Cave Callaway County, Missouri". Missouri Archaeologist 28 Whole Volume (1966): 1