National Register of Historic Places listings in Calloway County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Calloway County, Kentucky. It is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Calloway County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Archeological Site 15CW64||July 11, 1985
|Ridgeline ¼ mile southeast of Backusburg, along the Clarks River
||Backusburg||Also known as the "Backusburg Mounds"|
|2||Calloway County Courthouse||February 19, 1986
|3||Confederate Monument in Murray||July 17, 1997
|Junction of KY 94 and KY 121
|4||Edwin S. Diuguid House||May 17, 1976
|601 W. Main St.
|5||First Baptist Church||February 19, 1986
|203 S. 4th St.
|6||First Christian Church||February 19, 1986
|111 N. 5th St.
|7||Fort Heiman Site||December 12, 1976
|1.6 miles southeast of New Concord off Fort Heiman Rd.
|8||Will Linn House||December 4, 1980
|103 N. 6th St.
|9||Main Street Historic District||February 19, 1986
|700 and 800 blocks of W. Main St.
|10||Murray Commercial Historic District||June 24, 2003
|Roughly bounded by Walnut St., L.P. Miller St., Poplar St. and 6th St.
|11||Murray State University Historic Buildings||August 3, 1978
|15th, 16th, and Main Sts., including the Murray State University campus
||Murray||"Including the MSU campus" represents a boundary increase of May 26, 1983, the Main Library addition|
|12||The Murray Woman's Club Clubhouse||November 10, 2011
|704 Vine St.
|13||National Hotel||February 19, 1986
|N. 6th and Main Sts.
|14||Old Normal School Building||June 11, 1975
|Murray State University campus
|15||Seclusaval||June 10, 1975
|8 miles east of Murray on KY 614
|16||W.G. Swann Tobacco Company||September 29, 2015
|111 Poplar St.
|17||US Post Office-Murray||February 19, 1986
|Maple and S. 4th St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Calloway County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 6, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Funkhouser, W.D., and W.S. Webb. "Archaeological Survey of Kentucky". University of Kentucky Reports in Anthropology 7.5 (1950): 62/65.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.