National Register of Historic Places listings in Campbell County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Campbell County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Campbell County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Altavista Downtown Historic District||May 28, 2010
|400 and 500 blocks of 7th St.; 500, 600, and 700 blocks of Broad St.; 500 and 600 blocks of Main St.; and 400 block of Washington St.||Altavista|
|2||Avoca||September 16, 1982
|North of Altavista on U.S. Route 29||Altavista|
|3||Blenheim||May 31, 1979
|2.4 miles (3.9 km) southwest of Spring Mills; also east of Nowlins Mill Rd., 3,500 feet (1,100 m) south of its junction with Red Oak School Rd.||Spring Mills||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of May 26, 1994|
|4||Brookneal Historic District||June 8, 2011
|Adams Ferry Rd., Old Main, E. Rush, and Commerce Sts., Lynchburg, Wycliffe, and Cook Aves., and Pick St.||Brookneal|
|5||Campbell County Courthouse||October 29, 1981
|U.S. Route 501||Rustburg|
|6||Caryswood||March 17, 2010
|8291 State Route 24||Evington|
|7||Cat Rock Sluice of the Roanoke Navigation||March 25, 1980
|West of Brookneal||Brookneal|
|8||Federal Hill||September 9, 1982
|South of Forest on Turkey Foot Rd.||Forest|
|9||Green Hill||November 12, 1969
|Southwest of Long Island near the junction of Epsons and Pannills Rds.||Long Island|
|10||Mount Athos||July 24, 1975
|2 miles (3.2 km) north of Kelly||Kelly|
|11||Norfolk Southern Six Mile Bridge No. 58||October 12, 1995
|Over the James River west of the junction of Mt. Athos Rd. and the Norfolk Southern Railroad tracks||Lynchburg|
|12||Oak Grove||May 16, 2002
|7378 Gladys Rd.||Altavista|
|13||Shady Grove||August 26, 1982
|East of Gladys on Mollies Creek Rd.||Gladys|
|14||Walnut Hill||January 27, 2000
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Mansion Truss Bridge||April 15, 1978|
|June 10, 2005||VA 640 over Staunton River||Mansion|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Campbell County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 14, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Mount Athos, Virginia Department of Historic Resources, 1997.