National Register of Historic Places listings in Carter County, Missouri
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Carter County, Missouri.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Carter County, Missouri, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 30 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Mrs. Louis Bedell House||October 14, 1980
|3rd and Maple Sts.||Grandin|
|2||Big Spring Historic District||March 17, 1981
|E of Van Buren on MO 103||Van Buren|
|3||Earl Boyer House||October 14, 1980
|4||Chubb Hollow Site||January 18, 1990
|Address Restricted||Van Buren|
|5||J. W. Gibson House||October 14, 1980
|6th and Pine Sts.||Grandin|
|6||Gooseneck Site||October 2, 1990
|Hawes Memorial Campground: E½ SE¼ SW¼ of Section 15, Township 25 North, Range 1 East||Poplar Bluff|
|7||Delia Greensfelder House||October 14, 1980
|4th and N. Cherry Sts.||Grandin|
|8||Loretta Herrington House||October 14, 1980
|9||James Hinton House||October 14, 1980
|10||Nettie Jacobson House||October 14, 1980
|6th and Oak Sts.||Grandin|
|11||Isaac Kelley Site (23CT111 and 23CT1)||February 4, 1988
|12||Nola Kitterman House||October 14, 1980
|13||Wallace Knapp House||October 14, 1980
|6th and S. Elm Sts.||Grandin|
|14||Buford Lawhorn House||October 14, 1980
|15||Iva Lewis House||October 14, 1980
|16||Masonic Lodge||October 14, 1980
|5th and S. Elm Sts.||Grandin|
|17||Terry Mays House||October 14, 1980
|6th and S. Plum St.||Grandin|
|18||Thornton McNew House||October 14, 1980
|6th and Spruce Sts.||Grandin|
|19||Mill Pond||October 14, 1980
|Off MO 21||Grandin|
|20||Della Nance House||October 14, 1980
|21||Hazel Owens House||October 14, 1980
|22||Phillips Bay Mill (23CT235)||February 3, 1988
|Along a small Current River tributary southeast of Eastwood||Eastwood|
|23||Ernie Phillips House||October 14, 1980
|3rd and N. Cherry Sts.||Grandin|
|24||Alvis Powers House||October 14, 1980
|25||Hazel Shoat House||October 14, 1980
|26||Sixth Street Historic District||October 14, 1980
|27||James Smith House||October 14, 1980
|28||Lawrence Smith House||October 14, 1980
|29||William F. Smith House||October 14, 1980
|30||Lee Tucker House||October 14, 1980
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Missouri
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Missouri
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Carter County, Missouri.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 14, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Huber, James K., and George Rapp, Jr. "The Palynology of Two Archaeological Sites in the Southeast Missouri Ozarks". Plains Anthropologist 34.126 (1989): 293-308: 295.