National Register of Historic Places listings in Carter County, Tennessee
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Carter County, Tennessee.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Carter County, Tennessee, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
See also National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Tennessee for additional properties in Johnson City, a city that spans the county line.
|Anderson – Bedford – Benton – Bledsoe – Blount – Bradley – Campbell – Cannon – Carroll – Carter – Cheatham – Chester – Claiborne – Clay – Cocke – Coffee – Crockett – Cumberland – Davidson – Decatur – DeKalb – Dickson – Dyer – Fayette – Fentress – Franklin – Gibson – Giles – Grainger – Greene – Grundy – Hamblen – Hamilton – Hancock – Hardeman – Hardin – Hawkins – Haywood – Henderson – Henry – Hickman – Houston – Humphreys – Jackson – Jefferson – Johnson – Knox – Lake – Lauderdale – Lawrence – Lewis – Lincoln – Loudon – Macon – Madison – Marion – Marshall – Maury – McMinn – McNairy – Meigs – Monroe – Montgomery – Moore – Morgan – Obion – Overton – Perry – Pickett – Polk – Putnam – Rhea – Roane – Robertson – Rutherford – Scott – Sequatchie – Sevier – Shelby – Smith – Stewart – Sullivan – Sumner – Tipton – Trousdale – Unicoi – Union – Van Buren – Warren – Washington – Wayne – Weakley – White – Williamson – Wilson|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Rueben Brooks Farmstead||
|1548 Blue Springs Rd.
|2||John and Landon Carter House||
|East Broad St.
|3||Elizabethton Historic District||
|Bounded roughly by 2nd, 4th, East, and Sycamore Sts.
|4||Henson Hunt House||
|Roan Mountain State Park
|Judge Ben Allen Rd., northeast of Elizabethton
|Off State Route 67
|8||Shelving Rock Encampment||
|State Route 143 and Smith Branch Rd.
|206 Main St.
|2 miles (3.2 km) west of Elizabethton on the Watauga River
|11||U.S. Post Office||
|201-203 N. Sycamore St.
|12||John T. Wilder House||
|202 Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||East of Siam
|2||Henry Range House||
||South of Watauga on Smallings Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Carter County, Tennessee.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Tennessee
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Tennessee
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 28, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.